Big board group still exist?

Started by Biology Forums, April 23, 2015, 02:21:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illori

that depends on how they remove the version, they can still leave the SMF if they want.

Colin

That doesn't mean that the credits page is still accessible, however.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Biology Forums

Guess what? I got rejected again, and no reason was provided.

vbgamer45

My guess would be no version number since it is a little modified.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Biology Forums

Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 21, 2015, 11:44:58 PM
My guess would be no version number since it is a little modified.

Would be nice if I could confirm that with a team-member.

Copyright is still intact - always has been, always will be.

Douglas

Quote from: Shuban on May 21, 2015, 11:50:44 PMWould be nice if I could confirm that with a team-member.

Copyright is still intact - always has been, always will be.
As one of the people that helped lay down the foundation for guidelines (WAY back in the day) for big board inclusion on here, the intent was to make sure that if someone needed help that we could easily view the version information. Saves a lot of back and forth... plus, if SMF was going to occasionally showcase/highlight a big board site, that site needed to be in compliance with all of SMF's preferred guidelines. The Hosting advertisement forum operates under a similar credo, FYI. It's pretty much a standard across SMF, plus many teamies (Current and past) also tend to support that credo, too.
Doug Hazard
* Full Stack (Web) Developer for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond
(20+ Diocesan sites, 130+ Church sites & 24 School sites)
* Sports Photographer and Media Personality
* CFB Historian
* Tech Admin for one 1M+ post, one 2M+ post and one 10M+ post sites (last two are powered by multiple servers)
* WordPress Developer (Junkie / Guru / Maven / whatever)

margarett

I won't disclose any information (as it's not my place) but, just to prevent further speculation, it had nothing to do with version number being present or not.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Night09

Maybe next time if he is rejected an explanation to him would help instead of having to guess here in a thread then at least he can resolve whats wrong.

Burke ♞ Knight

I am fairly certain that the team is very much aware that sending him an explanation would be useful.
However, I'm not so certain that they have done so in the way it should be done, in his request topic, or via PM.

Their failure to provide a reason for denial, is strange, to say the least.

Biology Forums

In which case I'm no longer interested in joining.

Going to lock this thread for good.

Thanks to all those who responded.

Advertisement: