News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Amazon AWS

Started by Night09, April 23, 2015, 06:55:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Night09

I have a number of affiliate accounts with Amazon that I use on different sites all powered by wordpress and an SMF forum where needed as I wont allow anyone registration directly on WP. I use WP as the portal really because of the plugins it runs.

The question here is this, do we currently have any kind of a mod that can be used to list Amazon items in categories and posts that will be able to link back correctly to Amazon when clicked? On WP at the moment I have a couple of paid for plugins that do this but I would prefer to use SMF for the lot incorporating one of our portals instead.

If there is no mod I know it is codeable but I think to get it working correct and safely would need either 12 years work from me or a decent coder who has already thought about adding affiliate info to an SMF site. Im not asking anyone to make this for me but was wondering if anyone would be interested in getting something together along this line as I think it would be a really good benefit to SMF and its users.

I can make a more comprehensive list of what it should do or need to do but for now just seeing if anyone would like to have a go at this. If I have to pay for parts to be done I would as it is well worth the investment. It could also help a lot of smaller forums turn a bit of profit for running costs.

Thats my thoughts this sunny morning in England. ;)

Advertisement: