News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Display specific forum category on custom website homepage

Started by shoutout1, April 23, 2015, 10:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoutout1

Is it possible to do this? If so, someone please point me out how :)

Using 2.0.9

thanks in advance!

Kindred

By category, do you actually mean board?

If so, you can display the message/thread list using ssi....   However, the links will then lead back to the actual forum, not keep you on the custom page(s)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Siirist

Hi shoutout1,

Display =
1. to show or exhibit; make visible: to display a sign.
2. to reveal

If you don't need the ability to read posts and or post something, you could just take a screenshot of the category by holding "alt"+"prt sc" on your keyboard, then open "Paint" (it found in Windows in Accessories) then paste "ctrl"+"v" and there it is. You can resize it or whatever you want to do to it. Save it, then code it into your webpage.

If this solves your problem please mark this topic as solved by clicking "Mark Topic as Solved" at the very bottom of this page.

Be Well,
Siirist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

Kindred

Siirist,

I am sorry, but that made no sense at all.

The word in question for his request was not display - it was category.
What he intended by using the word display was actually very clear -- and taking a screen shot is NOT a workable exercise for what he asked for.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Siirist

Quote from: Kindred on April 27, 2015, 01:23:01 PM
Siirist,

I am sorry, but that made no sense at all.

The word in question for his request was not display - it was category.
What he intended by using the word display was actually very clear -- and taking a screen shot is NOT a workable exercise for what he asked for.

Acknowledged   :-[
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

Advertisement: