Chat box (please help)

Started by ranjan_hjp, April 24, 2015, 12:05:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ranjan_hjp

Dear friends and experts, I want to install chat feature or a shout box in my smf 2.1 beta. I tried smf shout box it got installed but not working. Same problem with chat mods. Please help me to add at least a shot box. Thanks

br360

I'm pretty sure that the chat in EZ portal works for 2.1. I also know for a fact that the smf shoutbox paid version works on 2.1, but that isn't free (20 bucks)

Dave J

I can confirm that 'SMFPacks Shoutbox 105' works as I have just installed it. You do have to make some manual edits and know roughly where they code goes and also some gifs need to be uploaded too but once you have done this it should work as the image below shows.

Do remember that this is only beta and all things might change so don't create a public forum as yet. My site is at present only a test site.

If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

Kindred

Quote from: davejo on April 25, 2015, 09:43:41 AM
Do remember that this is only beta and all things might change so don't create a public forum as yet.

Do remember that this is only beta and all things WILL change so don't create a public forum as yet.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Dave J

Quote from: Kindred on April 25, 2015, 07:22:22 PM
Do remember that this is only beta and all things might change so don't create a public forum as yet.

Do remember that this is only beta and all things WILL change so don't create a public forum as yet.

This is very true as I uploaded the latest files from Github and then a 'Shoutbox' error appeared, so as you can see all things have changed.
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

kconan

When doing a test install on 2.1 it had problems specifically with the "load.php" file. 

I stumbled across a list of the manual edits for each file somewhere, and now realize I need that but can't seem to track it down again...Anybody know where that is located?

Illori

when you attempt to install a mod to the left of each edit is a paper/pencil icon, click that and it will show you the code that is being attempted for that edit.

kconan

Thanks!  Its functional and looks good, the only weird thing is that I can't access the Shoutbox admin page (wanted to adjust height).

ranjan_hjp

I can confirm that 'SMFPacks Shoutbox 105' works as I have just installed it. You do have to make some manual edits and know roughly where they code goes and also some gifs need to be uploaded too but once you have done this it should work as the image below shows.

Do remember that this is only beta and all things might change so don't create a public forum as yet. My site is at present only a test site.
Please help me how to do it.

Dave J

Quote from: ranjan_hjp on May 22, 2015, 11:40:15 PM

Please help me how to do it.

hi

if you look a couple of post up at my last comment you will see that I too was having problems. Although my test site is still there I have done nothing else to it as I have another project I'm working on. I have now abanboned further testing till sometime in the future when I have more time, sorry I cannot help you.

Advertisement: