News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Bunch of Error Messages

Started by TheRealityBuzz, April 24, 2015, 05:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRealityBuzz

We are getting a bunch of error messages all of a sudden.

Incorrect key file for table './thereali_smf/smf_members.MYI'; try to repair it
File: /home/thereali/public_html/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 544

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.6, while your database is at version 2.0.2. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Most recently   Table './thereali_smf/smf_members' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

We cannot log on at all anymore , and the site is now repeating the homepage. I don't know what I am supposed to do to fix it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kindred

It sounds like your host has some issues...

never the less -- have you tried repairing the database?

And, once you get it running again, you **REALLY** need to upgrade to 2.0.10
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

TheRealityBuzz

I did upgrade though! Anytime upgrade messages come up I always do them as soon as I see them.

How can I repair the database?

Kindred

according to that error message you are currently running 2.0.6

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

TheRealityBuzz

Thank you for the help! It is working now.

br360

You're welcome. You are currently on 2.0.6 though, and should consider updating to 2.0.10.

If you haven't patched before, you can go into your package manger and install them as packages. You should see something like this notice-

A few security vulnerabilities and bugs in SMF 2.0.6 have been fixed. You can install this patch (click here to install) to fix your forum and update it to 2.0.7.

If you have any problems applying it, you can use the version posted on the downloads page - although, any modifications you have installed will need to be uninstalled. Please post on the forum if you need more help.

Just make sure to do them one at a time- 2.0.6 to 2.0.7 to 2.0.8, etc.

TheRealityBuzz

I thought I was updating them all along, I must have been doing something wrong. But I will take your advice and upgrade right now.

Advertisement: