News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Error trying to update SMF from 2.0.9 to 2.0.10

Started by Dragon41673, April 24, 2015, 10:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragon41673

All,

Getting an error trying to update from SMF 2.0.9 to 2.0.10 (I did not proceed).

I'm guessing based on the attached image, the error is due to coding that was replaced when the news fader stopped working...but that was using a CORE theme, and not a Curve theme (which is my current default). I did recently install the "partially responsive" package CURVE mod due to Google's wonderful idea to change search algorithms.

Any help would be appreciated.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

margarett

Yes, that's the fix for the news fader. If you are sure that the fix was applied before you can ignore it.
If not sure, please attach the failing file ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Dragon41673

Definitely not sure...attached is the file in question.

Dragon41673

Dragon41673

margarett,

Just for the heck of it, I checked the other themes I have, and NONE of them have a working news fader except the one I was using at the time I put the fix in.

Due to this, should I just replace that specific file with whatever one comes with 2.0.9 so it will be updated by the 2.0.10 patch?

margarett

If you had no changes in the file due to mods then yes, you can do that ;)

I'm now on the phone, can't check the file you attached

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Dragon41673

Yeah, the only changes I made were what Arrantor posted in this post...(same thread, just his specific changes)...

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=532800.msg3787416#msg3787416

margarett

Yes, and these are the exact changes that tbe patch performs to this file and that's why it fails ;)

Dragon41673

Ahhhh...alright then. I will give it a shot in the morning. I'd try it from my tablet or phone, but if something goes wrong...then I'll have to get out of bed! LOL

Thanks again!

Dragon41673

Margarett...that worked. I simply replace the file with one from a fresh package of 2.0.9 (saved the one from the site first)...and tried the install of 2.0.10 and it updated the correct file.

Now...my news fader is working on the attached image of the "Back n Black" theme (99% of my users use this theme)...but there's 2 of them and only 1 is working, but the other images they are not working. I included them all to show what I'm looking at as maybe I'm doing something wrong, or looking in the wrong place...

Back n Black - Green Circled area is working, Red Circled area is not
Core - Red Circled area is not working
Curve - Red Circled area is not working

Now, on the "Back n Black" theme, I believe the Green Circled area is actually done by the theme maker, it's not the actual news feed, as this was based on the "Core" theme, so the Red Circled area actually lines right up with the news fader on that one.

Any suggestions...or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Dragon41673

Can anyone help with the post above? I'd like the news faders to work...unless those red circled areas aren't the news faders.

Thanks

Steve

The news fader is shown in the green circle above.

The red circles are random news items.

Both are enabled/disabled in each theme's settings.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Dragon41673

Ahhh, ok. Being a random news item, I take it they display only 1 item per page refresh correct?

Illori

Dragon41673

Advertisement: