News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Package Manager 2.0.10 no go

Started by a10, April 25, 2015, 07:09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

a10

QuoteAttempting to fetch the most popular and recent packages from www.simplemachines.org...

Just hangs there, anything to do from my side?
Thanks
2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

Kindred

hmmm...  it worked for me last night
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

a10

the "Live from Simple Machines..." works, so have ok connection, it's only the 'fetch' not moving along.
2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

Kindred

hmmm.. confirmed now...

It worked last night. it doesn't now...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

br360

I noticed that on a few of my sites. Some I was able to get the update to 2.1.10. prompt when I clicked the fetch simple machine task, and others nothing-except the same  "attempting to fetch..."

If you are unable to get the update notice in your package manager, you can just download the patch from 2.0.9 to 2.0.10 here- http://custom.simplemachines.org/upgrades/

HDB

Quote from: br360 on April 25, 2015, 12:45:21 PM
I noticed that on a few of my sites. Some I was able to get the update to 2.1.10. prompt when I clicked the fetch simple machine task, and others nothing-except the same  "attempting to fetch..."

If you are unable to get the update notice in your package manager, you can just download the patch from 2.0.9 to 2.0.10 here- http://custom.simplemachines.org/upgrades/
I have that same experience. The Latest Packages block of the Package Manager on my test site and my main site both say...

QuoteAttempting to fetch the most popular and recent packages from www.simplemachines.org...

But as you have indicated one can just go to the Upgrade Site page that you linked above to download the patch.

Steve

None of this which answers the OP's question. ;)

At a10, nope, nothing you need/have to do from your side. Just get the patch as posted by br360.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Kindred

actually, his question was answered.

it is an issue with the smf servers. we are aware.
Слaва
Украинi

a10

Thanks, no problem, will use the download.

The package manager upgrade is a very nice SMF service, hoping it'll be restored to working condition.

Advertisement: