Subs-Post.php & index.english-utf8.php at old vesrion after 2.0.10 patch install

Started by HDB, April 25, 2015, 01:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HDB

As a historical point of reference, it was said (by Oldiesmann) to be a bug with the patch in the below linked thread when I reported this issue previously when we went from 2.0.8 to 2.0.9. See the below link thread for previous issue...

Sources Subs-Post.php at old vesrion after 2.0.9 patch install
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=528540.0

I have the same thing now again (plus another).

I just did the 2.0.10 patch on my 2.0.9 "test forum" and have noted a Subs-Post.php version issue when doing a detailed version check which is done by doing the following...

Administration Center » Forum Maintenance » Routine and the run "Check all files against current versions"

When doing that Detailed Version Check after installing the 2.0.10 patch I see that I have a Sources file that is at the old standard. In Sources, I show Subs-Post.php still stuck at 2.0.8 as was originally reported in the above link thread when it was determined to be a patch bug by Oldiesmann.     

One other issue is that in Language Files the index.english-utf8.php is still at 2.0.8 when the patch says it should be now at 2.0.10.

Everything on this test forum appears to be working.

Are these patch bugs?

margarett

It's not exactly a big because it doesn't affect the software's behavior.

It happens because we had some issues with some releases in the recent past, where the previous version + patch wasn't exactly equal to the new version's installer.
It's very difficult that it will ever be completely fixed in every SMF install out there :(
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

HDB

So I would need to manually correct it to "sync" this for any future patches? Then it will not get left behind?

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

HDB

Thanks Bruno! I will mark this solved.

And just to also say, I agree, it is not a "bug" as it does not effect the forum's function. I only used that word since Oldiesmann called it that "terrible word" ;) , in my original thread when I saw this back with the 2.08 to 2.0.9 patch.

Here is that post...

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=528540.msg3750707#msg3750707

I just repeated it.  ;D

Advertisement: