News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

How to update Sources, Default Temps, and Language Files??

Started by CaptPorridge, April 25, 2015, 11:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptPorridge

I just tried and failed to install 2.10. I then noticed the following outdated files. Can someone walk me through how to update those. I honestly have no idea. Thanks.

CaptPorridge

Here are the failed messages from my attempted 2.10 upgrade if that helps.

Steve

What version did you start with?

Patches/upgrades have to be done in steps i.e. 2.0.3 to 2.04 then to 2.0.5 then to 2.0.6 and so on.
DO NOT pm me for support!

CaptPorridge

I've had my site since about 2006. Can't recall what it started as, but I'm sure I've been going up in steps.

Steve

Actually, I meant what version was your forum just before you tried to install this.

Kindred

If you have that many failure - either you have significantly modded your forum with a bizarre number of mods - or you are not actually running 2.0.9 right now.

What is the URL to your forum?
what mods do you currently have installed?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

margarett

The weird thing is that you seem to have mixed paths between default and "classic" themes. It's kinda strange.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

CaptPorridge

Thanks for the comments. I didn't realize this situation is rather unique. Here are the mods I have installed:

Here's my forum:
http://jmscult.com/forum/  A wee warning, the forum concerns some pretty nasty crazy Korean cult leaders....

CaptPorridge

Browsing "Browse Packages" reveals a lot more. There are a few mods I don't use which I can delete. Should I delete the older update files?

CaptPorridge

Quote from: Steve on April 26, 2015, 09:27:30 AM
Actually, I meant what version was your forum just before you tried to install this.

It was 2.09.

margarett

Can you post the full printscreen of the "failed" tests when installing 2.0.10? Because there are a lot more files to it...

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Steve

Quote from: CaptPorridge on April 27, 2015, 03:10:39 AMShould I delete the older update files?

You can if you wish. I recommend you make sure you have everything working properly and have made backups beforehand though.

And don't forget to post what margarett asked for. :)

CaptPorridge

Quote from: margarett on April 27, 2015, 04:56:47 AM
Can you post the full printscreen of the "failed" tests when installing 2.0.10? Because there are a lot more files to it...

Thanks Margaret. The screenshots I posted show all the fails. The two language index fails and the Classic Yabb SE Theme fails. Actually I don't use that theme, so I guess that's not an issue?

Update, I clicked on the arrows and a few more fails became visible:

margarett

So, the issue with index.english.php has been reported. For that file, you just need to manually edit the header to put 2.0.9 where you have (guessing) 2.0.8. That's just the version update so you don't loose anything if you don't apply that particular change. It's of course better to have everyting in place ;-)

The edit to ManageServer.php is not critical. It's an "ignore" operation to fix a bug introduced in 2.0.9 but that is not present everywhere. If you check the file, you should find this
$context['config_vars'][$config_var[1]]['value'] = !empty($context['config_vars'][$config_var[1]]['value']) ? unserialize($context['config_vars'][$config_var[1]]['value']) : array();
And NOT this
$context['config_vars'][$config_var[1]]['value'] = unserialize($context['config_vars'][$config_var[1]]['value']);
$context['config_vars'][$config_var[1]]['value'] = !empty($context['config_vars'][$config_var[1]]['value']) ? unserialize($context['config_vars'][$config_var[1]]['value']) : array();

Which means that your setup is fine, you are free to ignore that error and install nevertheless ;)

About Subs-Post.php, same thing. Check this topic for a recent similar problem
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=535908.0

About Classic: no, it's not supported by this patch. Only default theme is addressed ;)

CaptPorridge

Thanks very much that's reassuring.

Unfortunately, I'm not really up to speed on anything beyond installing patches:
QuoteFor that file, you just need to manually edit the header to put 2.0.9 where you have (guessing) 2.0.8.

How do I manually edit the header?

Likewise:
QuoteThe edit to ManageServer.php is not critical. It's an "ignore" operation to fix a bug introduced in 2.0.9 but that is not present everywhere. If you check the file, you should find this:...

I don't know how to check the file.  Sorry for my ignorance^

CaptPorridge

It's OK, I opened the files in Dreamweaver.. Sorry, I had a brain fart. I updated the version numbers to 2.0.9 and a few of the fails disappeared. Just installed 2.0.10 successfully.
Thanks^

Advertisement: