News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Update goes wrong - Danish problem?

Started by Campanule, April 26, 2015, 02:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Campanule

Thanks for all your work for us.

I have tried to update from 2.0.9 but I gut an error-message and I am adviced not to continue. This is Danish so I guess you don't understand a word but maybe you can recognize it  ;) The error is "The test failed"

And it seems like it skips a file but that doesn't look like an error.

I am so sorry for my English but I hope you understand me - otherwise I have to skip the update. It is okay - my forum works just fine  ;)

Campanule

Weird - it looks like SMF changed something back when I tried to get the newest update?

Steve

Many of us have run into the same issue. Just install the update, then manually make the change in the index.english.php file.

It's simply replacing a version number.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Campanule

Thanks Steve - I could do that but I really don't know how to change it manually. I admit I am a little scared about sticking my hands in the program. I feel much better when I just have to click a "yes" or a "no". It was pure luck I got smf installed a while back and it still works  ;D

Steve

It's simpler than you might think, especially if you know how to use an ftp program.

How do I use FTP? / What is FTP?

If you do, simply download the file twice, once for a backup, and the other to modify in a text editor. :)

Campanule

You are a patient person - thanks.

I have another privat website - and I am so lucky I have never have had to use any other programs than sharepoint designer and my host to get the website on the internet. I am getting red in my face here - but maybe it isn't so important to get the new update? Normally I am always updating everything - but there is a first time for everything, right?

Kindred

just go ahead and do the update.   the part that errored is not important and will not affect the running of your site.
you can correct it at any time later
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Steve

I was going to tell you to do that Campanule but I thought it might be better coming from a member of staff here. :)

Campanule

Thank you - for all  :) I will do the update

EDIT - It works - I am glad. You are the best  :)

Advertisement: