News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Disable searching forum while logged off

Started by ivo.smid, April 26, 2015, 06:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivo.smid

Hi,
I want to have SMF completely secured by username and password. But I have found that when I am logged off and goto search page and type word that can be found in db I can see fragments of posts. I was trying to google it but without luck to find how to disable this feature. Could you help me?
Thx
Ivos

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Steve

And before you ask:

Administration Center » Features and Options » General

DO NOT pm me for support!

margarett

Why not just remove the permission for guests to search your forum?

Then add this
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3834
And the quick search disappears when guests have no permission.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Kindred

Well, it was implied that the fact that guests could even see parts of the messages was a problem... Hence the suggestion to turn off guest acces compketely.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Siirist

Hello all,

Ummm, is there a way to have just a Guest category available without having the problem that started this post?

On a brand new forum (see Your Sanctuary in my signature) I had "Allow guests to browse the forum" checked so that they could see the "Rules", the boards that may be viewable to them and such.

When I unchecked "Allow guests to browse the forum", BAM! all that is is seen is the menu Home, Help, Members, and Register.

I believe it is much more welcoming with the Guest Category viewable.

Siirist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

Kindred

of course.

search respects all the standard viewing permissions.
If a user or guest cannot see a board, then messges form that board are not displayed during a search by that user or guest.

However, you are getting off topic, since the original posted asked if s/he could stop the guests from searching at all, because s/he did not want the guests to see ANY messages
Слaва
Украинi

Siirist

:-[
Sorry Kindred
As my forum is still "under construction" I will leave "Allow Guests to...." enabled.

Be Well,
Siirist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

Advertisement: