News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF Connection Problems

Started by Bituspy, April 26, 2015, 01:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bituspy

I am using Godaddy hosting and since almost two weeks the forums are working fine for me and my users. All of a sudden like half an hour ago I started getting this:

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

I don't think its a database issue because passwords etc were never changed nor settings were messed up. Settings.php was modified like 5 days ago. Any help I can get on this issue?

HDB

That message is what SMF gives when the host does not send back a response. Your host is not responding. In this case there is nothing wrong with SMF. Talk with GoDaddy if it persists.

br360

Modifications to your settings.php could definitely cause the issue you are having. What was modified?

Check to make sure that your settings.php has the correct database password and username. If everything looks correct, contact your host and see if they made any changes.

Bituspy

uhmmm...yeah it looks like settings.php was messed up but now I am getting a new issue, as I tried to use repair_settings.php I got a new mess now. The forums work fine when I try to connect but then no links works and address url displays this: hxxp:127.0.0.1/smf/index.php [nonactive]

Any solution for this mess please?

LiroyvH

Run repair_settings.php and ensure ALL the settings are correct. It looks like the board url got set to localhost.
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Bituspy

Advertisement: