Automatic Poster Custom MOD Request: Start Topics and Post Auto Replies

Started by tbd, April 26, 2015, 02:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbd

Greetings,
I have a 2.0.9 SMF and would like order/discuss for an auto-poster mod/coding request for my forum.

I want to use/prepare an xml document similar to the below picture and have a custom script/mod run the saved document and post on my forum opening a topic and posting replies under certain board even a child board for defined registered forum users.

This is broadly what I want and not sure if there is a mod for this. I am open for improvements and would probably need help in near future for other implementations. I have noticed the RSS feed but I don't know how to set that up and not sure if that mod will satisfy my needs.

Thanks in advance.

margarett

Although doable, this surely requires some manual work.

That being said, you will have an immediate problem: all topics and replies will be posted at the same time, which clearly gives this away as "bot post", which is usually not good...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

tbd

Manual work?
I am willing to take the beating to fill the xml columns and prepare the bulk/dump file as it is much more time consuming doing this one by one, waiting on server time and changing users...
Than, would it really matter if it is a bot post or not if, my content is unique and never seen?
Further, script  can be coded in a way to post each topic and replies within admin defined time intervals to alter the same time stamp of every post?
I really need this modification as my content is relatively big and needs to be chopped in to pieces as new topic and replies.
I think this mod might really help people who want to start a SMF with content in hand and want to build a community and started advertising for exposure.
Thank you.

margarett

Manual work as in coding it :P

To have it "buffered" and create posts in different times is even more work...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

tbd

As long as it gets the job done I am ok with it.
Honestly, I do not care about the time stamps of posts being same unless this can produce crawler and ad sense/management concerns.
I want to prep and upload "up to" 200 lines (bot topics and replies).

Advertisement: