News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

No Log Certain User Errors

Started by dougiefresh, April 26, 2015, 11:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dougiefresh

Link to Mod

NO LOG CERTAIN USER ERRORS v1.5
By Dougiefresh -> Link to Mod

What It Does
This mod adds several new settings to the forum to allow admin to suppress some errors generated by users.

Admin Settings
New settings are in Admin => Configuration => Security and Moderation => General:
o Log activation errors
o Log incorrect password errors
o Log Restricted Email Provider errors (works if Restrict Email Providers on Registration mod is installed)
o Log Member Is A Spam error (works if Stop Forum Spam mod is installed)
o Log Cannot Register with Spam Name (works if TapaTalk mod is installed)
o Log reserved username errors

New settings are in Admin => Forum => Attachments and Avatars => Attachment Settings:
o Log attachment timeout errors

Compatibility Notes
This mod was tested on SMF 2.0.14, but should work on SMF 2.1 Beta 1, as well as SMF 2.0 and up.  SMF 1.x is not and will not be supported.

If you use Restrict Email Providers on Registration, it should be installed prior to installation of this mod.

Changelog
The changelog can be viewed at XPtsp.com.

License
Copyright (c) 2015 - 2018, Douglas Orend
All rights reserved.

Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:

1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.

2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

Kimmie

Thank goodness. I have spent years looking at millions of "incorrect password errors" until I am blue in the face and nobody knows how to fix that problem. Mine goes all the way back to SMF 1.0. While this won't resolve the actual problem and users will still have to deal with having to log in 3 or 4 times before it finally lets them in, I won't have to deal with the errors anymore. :P

Falcyn

Great mod. In case anyone else has trouble finding the new settings: they're under Security and Moderation instead of Server Settings as the description says.

dougiefresh

@Falcyn:  Thank you for pointing that out.  I've updated the the mod's documentation to reflect this!

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.1 - September 23rd, 2016
o Added ability to block "attachment timeout" errors in the log.
o Removed the "log if user is banned" option because SMF source didn't log those errors.
o Removed some unnecessary/redundant code to streamline the operation.

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.2 - September 14th, 2017
o Fixed syntax error found in Sources/LogInOut.php.

Steve

Can this mod be made to ignore Arcade errors?
DO NOT pm me for support!

dougiefresh

Quote from: Steve on September 15, 2017, 01:42:45 PM
Can this mod be made to ignore Arcade errors?
Point me to the Arcade mod and tell me which error(s) you want ignored.

Steve

Arcade (it is currently on RC5 but I haven't upgraded due to it not saving scores from flash games so I'm on RC4)

Error image attached though there are other types ... it would be nice to not see any errors generated by the arcade.

dougiefresh

This mod exists to attempt to suppress USER generated errors (banned, wrong password, etc).  Those errors in the attachment that you provided are definitely NOT user generated, and represent programming errors that the mod author needs to address.  You need to open an issue at the GitHub repository and notify the user that such is happening...  I can't do anything about them with this mod.

Steve

Got it. Was just wondering and thanks for the clarification. :)

dougiefresh

Just further clarification: If the code does a fatal_lang_error or fatal_error or log_error (or similar calls) call, I can add code to not log the error....

Steve

Nah, leave the mod doing what it does. :D

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.3 - November 25th, 2017
o Added ability to suppress "Member is a Spam" error from Stop Forum Spam mod.

-Rock Lee-

As always a great job besides as usual I leave the translation to Spanish :)

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

dougiefresh

@Rock Lee:  Can you translate these strings for me?  It's for the new version that I will release once I get the translation:
$txt['log_cannot_register_spam'] = 'Log Cannot Register with Spam Name<div class="smalltext"><strong>NOTE:</strong> Only occurs with Tapatalk mod</div>';

Thanks!

-Rock Lee-

@dougiefresh I have no problem it should be something like:

$txt['log_cannot_register_spam'] = 'El registro no puede registrarse con un nombre de spam<div class="smalltext"><strong>NOTA:</strong> Solo ocurre con el mod Tapatalk</div>';

Anything let me know that I help you in whatever you want :)

Regards!

dougiefresh

One more, please:
$txt['log_reserved_username'] = 'Log reserved username errors';

-Rock Lee-

@dougiefresh Sure a pleasure to help you ;D!

$txt['log_reserved_username'] = 'Registrar errores de nombre(s) de usuario(s) reservado(s)';

Regards!

dougiefresh

Uploaded v1.4 - November 26th, 2017
o Added Spanish Latin translation, courtsey of Rock Lee!
o Added ability to suppress "Cannot Register with Spam info" error from Tapatalk.
o Added ability to suppress "reserved username" errors.

@Rock Lee:  Thank you for the translations!  They have been included in this version!

Advertisement: