News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

How do I disable "Posts:" by user in topic, please?

Started by roshaoar, April 27, 2015, 10:37:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roshaoar

Hello,

I can't seem to find this info - how would I remove the line "Posts: someNumber" against every member in topic view, please? Is there some setting somewhere, or should I just comment it out in the template?

Thank you for your time

-Johan

Kindred

hmmm.... why do you want to remove the post count?

No, there is no option...  you would have to comment out the code in display.template.php...

or you could add
#postcount {display:none; } to your theme's index.css file
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

roshaoar

Quote from: Kindred on April 27, 2015, 10:45:44 AM
hmmm.... why do you want to remove the post count?

Thanks Kindred, much appreciated. As to why - I might very well be wrong with this so will probably have to change it, but I'd like to try highlighting quality rather than quantity. So I'll show the thank you mod "thank you counter" rather than "overall number of posts". I'm hoping the users, when it opens, will see helpful posts as more important than just posting for the sake of a post count.

Siirist

Hi roshaoar,

Should this be marked as solved?

Siirist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

roshaoar

Steve

Quote from: Kindred on April 27, 2015, 10:45:44 AMhmmm.... why do you want to remove the post count?

I'm a member of many forums that don't use post count. I'm actually surprised it's not a built-in option in SMF.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Dav999

How about the advanced profile fields feature? You can turn off post counts with that as far as I can see.

Steve

roshaoar

yep that works, thanks - I'm a bit new so hadn't looked in the right places. It's in core features >> enable advance profile fields >> Posts (tick off). Don't know why I didn't find that before.  ::)

Steve

I still find things I didn't know were there and I've been using SMF for awhile now. :)

Shambles

Quote from: Steve
I still find things I didn't know were there and I've been using SMF for awhile now. :)

Apparently, you're not alone  ;D

Quote from: Kindred on April 27, 2015, 10:45:44 AM
No, there is no option...  you would have to comment out the code in display.template.php...

Kindred

lol... true.   It's not something I would even think to disable -- so I didn't go looking for the option. :D
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: