Fresh Install SMF not it shown correctly

Started by jjaviercs, April 27, 2015, 08:00:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjaviercs

Hi, I have installed SMF in my webserver and when the install finish, the forum not is showned correctly.

You cand see the file with the capture.

You know which can be the problem?

Y only have done the standard steps I not have marked any special option.

I choose the file for install named smf_2-0-10_install.zip

Regards

Bigguy

Looks like the .css did not get loaded. Try to re-upload the Themes folder.

Illori

jjaviercs

Thanks for your answers but I have installed again with the same result, the folder Themes and all files are correctly installed.

What do you refer with the localhost paths? If I have done a fresh install three times. The only parameter I put is the server (localhost) and my password.

I try with repair_settings.php, only parameter changed is Set SMF Default theme as overall forum default
for all users to yes but the problem persists.

If I install the beta 2.1 I then works good.

Regards

Bigguy

Permissions of files and ownership might be something to look at.

Sir Osis of Liver

Try resetting theme paths -

Admin -> Themes and Layout -> Theme Settings -> Attempt to reset all themes

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

jjaviercs

Quote from: Bigguy on April 27, 2015, 09:43:35 PM
Permissions of files and ownership might be something to look at.

I check it that,  I run:

chmod -R 777 smffolder
chown -R http smffolder
chgrp -R 1000 smffolder

http and 1000 are the user and group in my server. I execute this 3 or 4 times, was my first testd, and I did the same for 2. 1 versión .

How I do to reset the themes?

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: Krash on April 27, 2015, 10:09:09 PM

Admin -> Themes and Layout -> Theme Settings -> Attempt to reset all themes

The button's down at the bottom.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Kindred

Your problem is that, as Illori pointed out, you have misconfigured your setup to use the wrong urls and/or paths...    Use repair_settings.php... It will help you set everything, which might be set wrong, not just the theme directories
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

jjaviercs

Ok, the problem is with the 2.0 version the installation process not work good when the root smf folder not is "smf", so is needed to use repair_install.php and do click in all links in the final section to change all paths from smf to forum-smf.

I not had this problem with any other store online or php forum and I think this is an error or should be showned in the installation process, and as I said in the 2.1 beta version this problem is solved.

Thanks

Kindred

actually, it would seem that the problem is limited to some specific host configurations -- it most certainly is not a "constant"/reproducible issue
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

jjaviercs

Is possible, if it is so, for information about solve the problem my linux machine is a Nas Synology DS214play.

A have seen one difference between the installation 2.0 and 2.1 that in 2.1 I see MySqlLi in the first screen install options.

Regards.

Kindred

yes, that is one of the many differences between 2.0.x and 2.1

and it's not the server itself...   it would seem to be some combination of the installed server software OS/php/apache...
Слaва
Украинi

SeniorSausages

Just wanted to note I seem to have had the the same problem as this guy.

My post is here:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=536516.0

Advertisement: