News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Redirect / Seed Threads

Started by excalibur300, April 27, 2015, 11:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

excalibur300

I haven't used SMF very much and was wondering if this is possible with the latest version of SMF, either by default or with a mod.

I'm trying to figure out how to create a thread, and have it also seed threads into other forums that redirect to the original post. Sort of along the lines of when you move a thread, and chose to leave a redirect behind.

Say, for example, I have a really in depth music forum. I create a thread about guitars, so I post it in the Guitar forum. But I also have two forums in the same category dedicated to specific brands. My thread is all about whether to buy the Gibson or the Fender, so I also want this thread to appear in the Gibson and Fender forums, but only as redirect links to the thread in the general Guitar forum.

Is this at all possible to do this with a default SMF install, without having to go through the motions of moving a thread multiple times, If not Is there a mod that will work to do this?

Thanks.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Shambles

You'd have to resort to using a "clone topic" mod (see the mod section), but other factors might weigh against you when the search engines start to spot duplicate content in your site.

Still, it'd give you what you want, though you'd have to do the "clone" manually each time and post the back-reference/redirect links.

Advertisement: