some html on forum index.

Started by pittu, April 30, 2015, 06:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pittu

I want to display some product information on Forum home page ABOVE Breadcrumb navigation and BELOW the horizontal menu (home page alone) Where exactly I can insert chunk of html code on index.template.php?

thnx.

Kindred

I would recommend using a portal mod or the ad manager mod...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ARG01

Quote from: Kindred on April 30, 2015, 08:26:25 PM

Agreed. If you place code where needed to show "ABOVE Breadcrumb navigation and BELOW the horizontal menu" in index.template.php, getting it to show on the Home page only would be quite difficult. Using a portal would accomplish exactly what you need without requiring extra, custom code.
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

pittu

Mmmm... I am trying to avoid installing portals and mods as much as possible.

Quote... "ABOVE Breadcrumb navigation and BELOW the horizontal menu" in index.template.php ...

If this position is not possible, where can I keep content on index.template.php, so it ONLY displays on home page?

thnx.

Kindred

See... that's the point...

making it show only on the home page requires additional coding.

Why are you opposed to installing mods (which are clean, configurable and supported) versus hacking your code manually (which is "dirty", is not configurable and won't be easily reinstalled in the event of an upgrade or restoration.)

Basically, you are asking how to manually do something that the mods alreayd handle, quite nicely.

Of course you CAN do it manually, but I would seriously discourage it...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

pittu

Quote from: Kindred on April 30, 2015, 08:26:25 PM

I will go with my own mod because I installed couple of ad management mods, but they are more than I want. I need a simple mod so I am going to ask my programmer to create one for me.

thnx.

Kindred

then I will mark this as solved.
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: