News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

table tags

Started by pittu, May 02, 2015, 10:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pittu

I want to wrap the forum in my table.

I added this:

<table summary="main table with site conent" class="table1" align="left" bgcolor="#ffffff" border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
  <tbody>
    <tr>
       <td>

above:

<div id="wrapper" style="width: ' . $settings['forum_width'] . '">' : '', '

But I don't see </body tag any where to add table end tags.  :-[

thnx.

Kindred

Why would you want to do that?

Tables should be used for tabular content... Not for placement and layout
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Antes

Don't try to resize the table based on width not a good way to adapt it and don't use wrapper ID not a lovely way ;)

pittu

No. I just want to put a 1 pixel black border around the forum.

thnx

Kindred

then why the HECK would you use a TABLE to do that?   That can be done with a simple div/css border:1px black solid;

(or maybe even using the existing CSS
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

pittu

Quote from: Kindred on May 03, 2015, 08:49:31 PM
then why the HECK would you use a TABLE to do that?   That can be done with a simple div/css border:1px black solid;

(or maybe even using the existing CSS

Why the HECK you answer like that in Mean way, Mr. Mean one?

Where I need to keep this CSS in index.css to create a border around forum?

ARG01

Adding a border around the entire forum would not only require additional CSS but also custom graphic changes to the main_block.png image. Imo, too much work for a measly 1px border.
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Advertisement: