News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Session timeout

Started by Rebelli0n, May 03, 2015, 05:55:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rebelli0n

Hey guys,
Im new here and need your help. My forum is showing "session timeout" each time when i try to post a new topic or make any changes in the profile.
But its working fine when i browse the forum on my mobile, i can easily create a new topic or reply to any post.
And my Package manager isnt working too, it shows a blank page.
Hope i will get a solution to this problem.  :(
Regards.

Night09

Try Admin > Configuration > Server Settings > Cookies and Sessions and make sure "Use database driven sessions" has a tick and see if that helps.

Rebelli0n

Night09

Have you tried the default theme or a different browser? There sounds like some kind of template issue if the package manager is blank. Have you upgraded to 2.0.10 or are you still using 2.0.9.

What mods are installed?

Rebelli0n

Thanx for your quick reply.
Yep, recently forum is upgraded to 2.0.10

Night09

If its the download package from here there appears to be a fault with it at the moment but im sure the team will get it fixed asap.

Kindred

the issue was only with the full upgrade archive - and only with the ZIP version - and would not have succeeded in the upgrade if it was applied.

So, if he's running 2.0.10, his issues have nothing at all to do with the glitch int he zip file
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

HaiHu

I'm having the same issue whenever i try to post a reply or a topic i ge this

The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
Your session timed out while posting. Please try to re-submit your message.

Kindred

Quote from: Night09 on May 03, 2015, 06:01:42 AM
Try Admin > Configuration > Server Settings > Cookies and Sessions and make sure "Use database driven sessions" has a tick and see if that helps.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

HaiHu

Quote from: Kindred on May 03, 2015, 08:45:49 PM
Quote from: Night09 on May 03, 2015, 06:01:42 AM

It has a Tick, please help

Night09

Ok try going to Admin > Server Settings > Database and Paths and check the Forum URL prefix is the same as your forum URL should be.

IE: http://www.yourforum.com   or     http://yourforum.com

If it is wrong it can give this error you are both having.

HaiHu

it's h.t.t.p:././myforum.com just like this <===, with no www. or should i add www.?

Night09

You can try it but may need to change it back if it doesn't work though.

HaiHu

Quote from: Night09 on May 04, 2015, 06:40:38 AM
You can try it but may need to change it back if it doesn't work though.

I changed it, now i screwed it up i added www. now i can't reach my forum it send me to another one

Night09

Get repair_settings.php from here:http://download.simplemachines.org/?tools

Place it in the root folder and then browse to it  www.yoursite.com/repair_setings.php  then use it to repair any paths not correct then the forum will be accessible again.

Once its done remove it again from the root folder.

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Rebelli0n

So what should i do now, still cant post anything..

margarett

Eh, your topic got hijacked, sorry 'bout that :P

Quote from: margarett on May 04, 2015, 07:22:28 AM
Also, please get us a phpinfo
What is a phpinfo() file?
Is a good place to start. ;)

Furthermore:
- if you get a white page at PackMan, there has to be a php error logged in your server. Check for a file "error_log" or similar in your forum root. If unsure, ask your host for the php error log ;)
- do you use the same theme for mobile/PC?
- who is your host? Can you ask them if mod_security is active and, if so, if they can disable it?

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Rebelli0n

The theme is same for mobile and pc and im not sure where to upload the phpinfo.php :(
Is there any problem if Sources and default templates etc are outdated???

margarett

Please read my previous post again as you didn't answer most of what I asked you...

The wiki article I pointed you should let you know where to put that file. Anyway, put it via FTP in your forum root (eg: where SSI.php is)

The outdated files shouldn't be too problematic as nothing was changed in sessions recently. But it's obviously a good idea to fix that ;)
And a new question :P When did this problem actually began to occur? Can you relate it to some action you performed in your forum or was it random?

Advertisement: