News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

User online does not show time and date

Started by peterwaalker, May 03, 2015, 02:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterwaalker

I noticed this issue after some time. Anytime i check the activity/action of users by clicking "users online" from the info center i see no date
see pic below\

Kindred

looks like one of your mods screwed up the who's online list.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Steve

Just to rule something out, is it just that theme or all of them?
DO NOT pm me for support!

peterwaalker

Quote from: Steve on May 03, 2015, 04:40:36 PM
Just to rule something out, is it just that theme or all of them?

I just checked other themes and seem to be normal.
I think its this current theme. What di i do to solve this problem?

Burke ♞ Knight

For theme Related Questions it is best to ask the theme author. You can find a link to a topic for the theme or a support board on the theme's page in the Theme Site

Steve

Quote from: Burke ♞ Knight on May 03, 2015, 08:20:07 PMFor theme Related Questions it is best to ask the theme author. You can find a link to a topic for the theme or a support board on the theme's page in the Theme Site

Assuming you got the theme here of course. If you got it elsewhere, you'll need to go there.

(I hate people who state the obvious and here I am doing it ... :P )

peterwaalker

The theme support is saying that a mod screwed up the layout of the users online.
That I should seek for support here. The theme name is reseller.
Please it is not a theme issue it an unknown mod issue.
I need help please.

Kindred

well   -- if it works on other themes, then it is a theme issue....   unless you manually modified code for some mod (or ignored errors from some mod)

However, in either case -- the answer for THIS question is --   follow up with the author of either the mod or the theme...  since it is NOT actually a basic support question and is clearly related to some manual edits that you have made.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

peterwaalker

When i installed the new theme i edited so many mods in order to work with the current theme. There are some mod code i do not actually see where the mod author specified i should i add them. But such mods worked with the custom theme. Maybe that is where the problem comes.

Now! I cannot trace the actual mod. I still need help here seriously here. Please tell me the source code location(s) that control the users online. So that i can trace from there. Thanks for your support

br360

What mod did you install that added that facebook/Twitter thing you have in your who's online? That's where the time should be, so I would check the code of that mod first.

peterwaalker

Quote from: br360 on May 04, 2015, 02:24:17 AM
What mod did you install that added that facebook/Twitter thing you have in your who's online? That's where the time should be, so I would check the code of that mod first.

Those social icons comes with the theme. Once you install the theme the icon will appear. However you can choose to disable/enable it from /current theme/settings

margarett

Can you attach the image instead of linking it? I can't see it
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

peterwaalker

Quote from: margarett on May 04, 2015, 07:24:38 AM
Can you attach the image instead of linking it? I can't see it

image attached

margarett

Yeah, something broke the layout, clearly...

I would suggest you to install a duplicate of SMF in another folder and database. Then install your theme, then your MODs, one by one. When you find the culprit you can go back to fix your "live" forum.
For now we can only guess...

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

peterwaalker

Quote from: margarett on May 04, 2015, 07:01:39 PM
Yeah, something broke the layout, clearly...

I would suggest you to install a duplicate of SMF in another folder and database. Then install your theme, then your MODs, one by one. When you find the culprit you can go back to fix your "live" forum.
For now we can only guess...

This in fact requires great deal of time and work. Is there no other way?
Mods that did not install successfully
1. Ad Management
2. Like Post Mod

Gluz

Check for the mods that edit Who.php and/or Who.template.php

I have Like Post Mod and didn't screw up that part in Reseller Theme, so is another Mod.

You should post the list of MODs installed in your site.

Steve

Edited to remove confused post. :P

margarett

Errrrr confused much, Steve? :P

That post from Siirist is not (AFAIK) related to peterwaalker. Or is it? :o

Steve

I blame the fact it's early in the morning for me. Sorry about that. I edited my post. :P

peterwaalker

Quote from: Gluz on May 05, 2015, 01:19:09 AM
Check for the mods that edit Who.php and/or Who.template.php

I have Like Post Mod and didn't screw up that part in Reseller Theme, so is another Mod.

You should post the list of MODs installed in your site.

List of Mods mapped for probation on the Site Attached below

Advertisement: