News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Search issue on my site

Started by Kimmie, May 03, 2015, 03:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimmie

This will take me a moment to explain so bear with me  ;D

I have a section on my site for recipes. Right now all the desserts are in one board, but I am in the processing of making child boards to break it down.

I made a cb called Cupcakes.

Did a search on the site limiting it to just the dessert board for the keyword "cupcake". Used the search page to move them all into that board.

Went back to do one more search under "just the dessert board" to make sure I got them all. That is the only board checked.

It us returning all the threads that are in the cupcake board even though I don't have that board checked on search page.

Is this an indexing problem since those boards were created within the last hour?

Search Keyword:

Showing Desserts is the only box checked

Search results showing it returned a  board I don't have checked:

Kindred

did you re-index the search after moving everything?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Kimmie

Quote from: Kindred on May 03, 2015, 03:21:20 PM
did you re-index the search after moving everything?

No I didn't. That is what I coming to see if I needed to do  :P

Here are my settings. How do I make it reindex? I have never done it before Thanks :)

Kimmie

Well the only thing I can think of is to remove the custom index and tell it to do it again. Hope tht works.

Steve

That was my thought too. I was hoping one of the gurus would weigh in with a better idea. :P
DO NOT pm me for support!

margarett

Yes, that is really the way to do it ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Kindred

yup... one of the pains in using the custom index...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: