News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Error with Swedish Files.

Started by jkm9694, May 04, 2015, 06:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkm9694

Hi All, I was drafted in by a user of your forum software, as he/someone had done something and it resulted in the forums settings.php being returned to nothing! I have since fixed this up, but there is now an issue of forums not displaying correctly. The forums are for a Swedish community and as such they wish for them to be in Swedish :) I set the forums to Swedish, and all the content on the forums disappeared. the posts are still there, just they are blank!

looking in the log I see the following:
(Cant post it all, as i Cant post links)
2: preg_replace(): Compilation failed: invalid UTF-8 string at offset 7

Have I done something wrong, or i guess more importantly how do I fix it :)
also there appears to be an issue with forum sub categories displaying ? instead of the Swedish letters.

Thanks

Joe

Kindred

It looks like you are eiher using utf8 but have not fully converted or the opoosite... your database is utf8 but your site is not...

also, your language files  are probably missing.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

jkm9694

Hi,

The language files are there. I grabbed both Uft-8 and not from the downloads section.

How would I go about converting?

Thanks

Joe

margarett

Quoteas he/someone had done something
It would be nice to know exactly what was being done...

If you check, in phpmyadmin, the tables "smf_boards" and "smf_messages", does the text show correctly?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

jkm9694

margarett

So that means that you need to match your forum language to the collation on the database.
If Settings.php was reset... Can you check if this line exists in Settings.php?
$db_character_set = 'utf8';

Are you using Swedish or Swedish-UTF8?

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

jkm9694

That line was missing!!! set that up and its good to go once more! cheers

I have a feeling that must have been user fault, but they claim not to have caused it :)

cheers for the help!

margarett

Advertisement: