News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Free trial option

Started by bryanp, May 05, 2015, 05:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bryanp

Hello all,

I am looking to set-up a 'Free Trial' option for my smf forum. Currently a user buys a membership on my online store, then we send a link to the forum which they then have to register for to login. The forum is locked to guests but I would like to give registered "guests" a 14 day trial then have their account shut off. Is there a good way to do this automatically or would I have to do this manually?

Thanks in advance!

Kindred

I do not believe this is possible with the core installation... And I don't recall seeing a mod to do this.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

margarett

Actually I think that it should be possible with Paid Subscriptions and a custom Scheduled Task.

* Your members register. Then they have the possibility to use Paid Subscriptions to acquire the membership. When/if they do, they are moved automagically by Paid Subs to a membergroup, eg, "Paying Member" (well, you can think of a better title ;D )

* A scheduled task runs once a day fetching users NOT yet assigned to that membergroup and that are registered more than "xx" days ago. If found, remove them.

I just don't see a way to integrate this with your existing online store...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: