Error on 2.0.10 update

Started by GlennLever, May 05, 2015, 07:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlennLever

So now what do I do (see below)?

Steve

There are a multitude of threads about this. ;)

Look at what the error is and if it's just the version error number you can go ahead and install the update and manually fix the version number if you wish. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

GlennLever

Quote from: Steve on May 05, 2015, 07:58:54 PM
There are a multitude of threads about this. ;)

Look at what the error is and if it's just the version error number you can go ahead and install the update and manually fix the version number if you wish. :)

I hardly know what I'm doing, I see no version numbers. Could you explain more, or point me to a thread that talks about this in more detail?

Kindred

Did you try using search, or even looking at the titles of several threads on the front page of this board?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

GlennLever

Quote from: Kindred on May 05, 2015, 08:45:41 PM
Did you try using search, or even looking at the titles of several threads on the front page of this board?
I'm just trying to get some help, I apologize for not knowing what I am doing.

margarett

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=536161.msg3809804#msg3809804
QuoteOption a:
* Before installing the patch, edit index.english.php and set the version to 2.0.8 (you probably have it at 2.0.7). Then install the patch cleanly
Option b:
* Install the patch ignoring the error, then edit index.english.php and set the version to 2.0.10
;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Steve

No worries. In your image above, it shows two clipboards. Click on the one on the line that says test failed.

It'll open a new window/tab and show you what it's looking for and what it wants to replace it with.

I can just about guarantee that it will say it's looking for version 2.0.8 and wants to replace that.

IF that's the case, you can go ahead and ignore the error and install the upgrade. I can tell you how to fix the error if you want but it isn't necessary.

Up to you. :)

GlennLever

Quote from: Steve on May 05, 2015, 09:19:36 PM
No worries. In your image above, it shows two clipboards. Click on the one on the line that says test failed.

It'll open a new window/tab and show you what it's looking for and what it wants to replace it with.

I can just about guarantee that it will say it's looking for version 2.0.8 and wants to replace that.

IF that's the case, you can go ahead and ignore the error and install the upgrade. I can tell you how to fix the error if you want but it isn't necessary.

Up to you. :)

Thank you!

I'm at 2.0.9

I will Click on the one on the line that says test failed and see if it says 2.0.8

margarett

Again (you probably missed my post above...)

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=536161.msg3809804#msg3809804
QuoteOption a:
* Before installing the patch, edit index.english.php and set the version to 2.0.8 (you probably have it at 2.0.7). Then install the patch cleanly
Option b:
* Install the patch ignoring the error, then edit index.english.php and set the version to 2.0.10
;)

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

GlennLever

Quote from: margarett on May 05, 2015, 09:34:44 PM
Again (you probably missed my post above...)

QuoteOption a:
Option b:
;)

I did miss it, Thank you for your support.

I will look at this in the morning and see if I can get it installed.

GlennLever

I clicked my brains out, and nothing was clickable?

margarett

Where are you trying to click? Now you got me lost :P

Steve

Clicking on the clipboard that is on the line where it says test failed doesn't open a new tab/window?

GlennLever

See below, I tried all these places

br360

Try the circled spot in the image below. ;)

GlennLever

Just realized I clicked in the wrong spot, clicked on the pad with pencil and it opened a window, let me see if I can stubble through this.

Steve

GlennLever

Ok, it was looking for 2.0.8

I ran the update and it completed successfully.

Is there anything I need to go back and fix now (see below installed Packages)?

also

When I run current version check it appears some things are out of date, can you give me a step by step on how to get things back up to date (see below)

Kindred

not sure why the sources is still reflecting 2.0.8 -- look at the "more detail" to find out which files report it...

for the languages, you are going to have to update the outdated ones more or less manually (download the new language packs and either reinstall them or just overwrite the files (with the exception of modifications.LANGUAGE.php -- leave that one as it is on your server)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

GlennLever

Quote from: Kindred on May 07, 2015, 10:22:19 AM
not sure why the sources is still reflecting 2.0.8 -- look at the "more detail" to find out which files report it...

for the languages, you are going to have to update the outdated ones more or less manually (download the new language packs and either reinstall them or just overwrite the files (with the exception of modifications.LANGUAGE.php -- leave that one as it is on your server)

See Below

Advertisement: