News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

issues with registeration

Started by gigashiga, May 06, 2015, 11:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gigashiga

Hi,
ref: smf version 2.09
Issue: registration page redirects to main page

I am facing issues with registration process.

index.php?action=register
redirects to home page.

please help me solve my problem.

Thankyou very much for all your help.

gigashiga

Hi thanks issue is resolved
I reuploaded fresh index.php and index.template.php from my template folder

Marked as solved

gigashiga

same problem occurred again since when I do not know
replaced 2 files which I did earlier but of no help this time.

Kindred

Sounds like you have a host with a badly configured mod_security module. Have them turn off mod_security

Also, uploading a new copy of those files will screw up any mods that you have installed
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

gigashiga

I have raised the ticket and i get this reply

Hello,
The mod_security module is configured properly on the server.
Please provide us exact problem URL for further assistance.
Please feel free to contact us if you need anything else.
Thank you,

sent the url

can we disable registration inside the settings of 2.0.9 version?

Edit:
admin>members>registration>settings
was set to email activation

and tried all options but no change

when I click the register link
.... index.php?action=register

this URL I get (in the address bar) and in content, I see 'main', home page of the forum.

Steve

My question would be why are you on 2.0.9? You're four versions behind and missing a lot of security fixes.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Kindred

Yeah, that's what all the hosts say... but, if it was well configured, it would not choke on registration
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

gigashiga

Quote from: Steve on April 13, 2017, 09:15:18 AM
My question would be why are you on 2.0.9? You're four versions behind and missing a lot of security fixes.

Sure Will update as soon as site starts working

Quote from: Kindred on April 13, 2017, 10:30:31 PM
Yeah, that's what all the hosts say... but, if it was well configured, it would not choke on registration

host reply
Hello,

Please note that without mod_security module, nothing will work.

The mod_security module must be enable to run all sites on the server.

And that module is already enabled and thats why all sites are working fine but in your case, there are redirect code in .htaccess file and thats why registration page is not working so please correct .htaccess file code and then all pages will work fine.

Please feel free to contact us if you need anything else.

Thank you,

.htaccess file was already renamed  but the error remains
and redirect urls were from pretty url.

Kindred

Once again proving my point that many hosts do not actually understand how to properly configure mod_security.  Smf will run just fine (and be safe) without mod_security.

As you said, the registration redirect was from prettyurls...  but it seems that your host has configured mod_security to choke on registration or some variation of the word
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: