News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Fatal Error When Posting

Started by Scooter Trash, May 06, 2015, 11:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scooter Trash

Greetings:

Several years of good luck with SMF and haven't needed to ask for assistance here until now. I've done quite a bit of searching and have tried some suggested resolutions, but apparently I'm not finding the right one. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Version Information:
Forum version: SMF 2.0.9 (more detailed)
Current SMF version: SMF 2.0.10
GD version: bundled (2.0.34 compatible)
MySQL version: 5.0.96-log
Alternative PHP Cache: 3.1.9
PHP: 5.2.17
Server version: Apache

When trying to post replies I get a slight delay, and then the following error:

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/content/38/8481038/html/forum/Sources/Post.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/38/8481038/html/forum/index.php on line 359

FWIW, my Sources is ver. 2.03, and my Default templates and language files are ver. 2.0 because they apparently didn't update the last time I did a version update... But it's been working like that for quite a while.

Please help!

JBlaze

That error suggests that /Sources/Post.php is no longer there. Check your Sources directory and make sure it is there. If not, you will have to grab a fresh Post.php from the Large Upgrade pack.

Also, I suggest upgrading to 2.0.10 by using the full large upgrade. You will have to re-install any mods you have installed.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

Scooter Trash

Quote from: zilladotexe on May 07, 2015, 12:19:18 AM
That error suggests that /Sources/Post.php is no longer there. Check your Sources directory and make sure it is there. If not, you will have to grab a fresh Post.php from the Large Upgrade pack.

Also, I suggest upgrading to 2.0.10 by using the full large upgrade. You will have to re-install any mods you have installed.

Thank you so much Zilla... I have a backup of the Forum folder and its contents from a week or two ago. The file does exist there. I'll try replacing it with the backup.

Kindred

Are you on godaddy for hosting..

If so, then you will have to restore the post.php file via the godaddy file manager,not via FTP...   Because godaddy are idiots and they will delete post.php and subs-post.php from your site
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Scooter Trash

Quote from: Kindred on May 07, 2015, 01:28:11 AM
Are you on godaddy for hosting..

If so, then you will have to restore the post.php file via the godaddy file manager,not via FTP...   Because godaddy are idiots and they will delete post.php and subs-post.php from your site

Thank you and Zilla so much!

Yes, the posts file was missing. I was doing the restore via Filezilla and it showed a successful upload, but when I checked the remote directory the file wasn't there. I went the the GoDaddy File Manager and uploaded the entire backup. It's all good now! Thank you and Zilla so much! This is a huge relief.

I'll have some questions about updating those outdated files, and also have an issue with an old media package, but I'll start new threads for that and mark this resolved.

Thanks again guyz.

Advertisement: