News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Adding Second Logo To SMF 2.0.10

Started by Miker1029, May 09, 2015, 12:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miker1029

MODS: If I'm in the wrong spot please Relocate, Thanks.

Hey all,

Ok I'm Using SMF 2.0.10 and I'm Trying to Add a Second Logo Next to My First one And Need to know How...

So Far I Have  in index.php:

#logo a {
display: block;
clear: both;
overflow: hidden;
background: url(../images/theme/logo.png) no-repeat;
float: left;
width: 368px !important;
height: 93px !important;
margin-top: 2px;

}
#logo1 a {
display: block;
clear: both;
overflow: hidden;
background: url(../images/theme/logo1.png) no-repeat;
float: center;
width: 368px !important;
height: 93px !important;
margin-top: 2px;
}

And My Issue is I can't find where to add (I Guess) This in index.templete.php

<div id="logo1">
<a href="'.$scripturl.'" title=""></a>
</div>

My Issues Is My Left Logo Is an Animated .GIF,  And I want to put the Site Name Image to the right (center)..

Any help appreciated.

Mike

Miker1029

BUMP?

Alls I need is to know where to look for the Original Logo On the Left (CODE WISE), I'll figure the rest out...

Again Thanks for ANY Help.

Mike

Kindred

the entire header is defined in index.template.php for each theme
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Miker1029

Ok, But I'm not that great at Coding, and this one really got me Confused, because it's all variables, and I really get confused on were one thing Links to Another like in this Code Bit, it says "<div id="logo">", So I assume this is the Code bit I need to look at, BUT, div id=logo, ok then were do I put logo2??? I'm still in a learning mode on most code html so-so, php, less, SO Basically If I could just find WERE to Place the Second Logo in the Code I'd Probably just Output it in HTML from the PHP Code... I'll Attach the Entire INDEX.TEMPLATE.PHP if you have time to check it out....

And Actually now that I'm looking at the Preview here, I could probably figure out how to put it in the wrapper, but need to know if this is the right spot.....

Mike

<body>';
}

function template_body_above()
{
global $context, $settings, $options, $scripturl, $txt, $modSettings;
echo '
<div id="wrapper"', !empty($settings['forum_width']) ? ' style="width: ' . $settings['forum_width'] . '"' : '', '>
<div id="header"><div class="frame">
<div id="top_section" style="vertical-align: bottom;">
<div id="logo">
<a href="', $scripturl, '"></a>
</div>';
echo '
<div id="news">';
if (!empty($settings['enable_news']))
echo '
<strong>', $txt['news'], ': </strong> <span>', $context['random_news_line'], '</span>';
echo '
</div>';

echo '
<div id="user">';
if ($context['user']['is_logged'])
{
echo '
<ul class="reset">
<li class="greeting">', $txt['hello_member_ndt'], ' <span>', $context['user']['name'], '</span></li>
<li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=unread">', $txt['unread_since_visit'], '</a></li>
<li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=unreadreplies">', $txt['show_unread_replies'], '</a></li>
<li>', $context['current_time'], '</li>';

Kindred

well, see?   The div id=logo uses a background image definition in the CSS file to display the logo...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Miker1029

I do now!, And that's a very valuable piece of Info I didn't know that is how it works, I mean of course I knew it was assigned, Just not where... ok I'll check out the CSS, And see if I can Figure it there..

Thanks

Mike

Miker1029

Update,

Well I cheated by I got it, I can't figure them wrappers to save my life, even inspecting elements on the page... BUT I guess this works.....

Mike

Advertisement: