News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

I need to change Gender:Male/Female to something else

Started by danshell, May 09, 2015, 11:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danshell

Sorry for such a newbie question but I was hoping someone could help me do what i would have thought was a relatively simple task.

Instead of the forum asking for a persons gender at sign up or in their profile I want to ask them something else.

I run www.ozisuzu.com.au so I want to ask the members if they own a DMAX or MUX. So instead of Gender I want it to say Isuzu Model, and instead of Male/Female, I want it to say Dmax/Mux.

I have done a search on a heap of files and the only one I can find that has any reference to this, is in the Profile-Modify.php. But obviously there is reference to it in other places.

So rather than just wing it and go through all my files doing a search I was hoping some clever soul may be able to steer me in the right direction and tell me exactly what files contain the info I need so I can change them??

EDIT: The reason I need to change it is because I use the Member Map mod and I want to be able to have different coloured pins for the two types of vehicles rather than different coloured pins for gender. Gender is not so important on this forum ;)

Thanks in advance.

Rain Forest

Admin - Core Features - Advanced Profile Fields

You are able to activate/disable gender and add a new custom profile field (which can also be shown in profile and asked in theregister page)

Kindred

actually rainforest - hile that would be the best ay to generally do it - because of the second half of his request, it won't work...

the membermap mod ties directly in to the gender selection to determine the color of the pin.

danshell,

check index.english.php for the gender terms....   changing the text string should have desired result.

$txt['male'] = 'Male';
$txt['female'] = 'Female';

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

danshell

Quote from: Kindred on May 10, 2015, 06:37:53 AM
actually rainforest - hile that would be the best ay to generally do it - because of the second half of his request, it won't work...

the membermap mod ties directly in to the gender selection to determine the color of the pin.

danshell,

check index.english.php for the gender terms....   changing the text string should have desired result.

$txt['male'] = 'Male';
$txt['female'] = 'Female';

Thank you very much, this was it :)

I also had to change a couple of things on the member map file to show the wording I needed too.

Advertisement: