News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Mod Submitting error

Started by harsh21, May 11, 2015, 08:16:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harsh21

I wrote a small mod & when i try to submit it, i keep getting this error

You must upload a package file containing package-info.xml which contains the package id when submitting a mod to this site

Here is the package-info.xml file

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE package-info SYSTEM "http://www.simplemachines.org/xml/package-info">
<package-info xmlns="http://www.simplemachines.org/xml/package-info" xmlns:smf="http://www.simplemachines.org/">
<license><![CDATA[
/**
* author - Harsh
* mod    - Package Name
*/
]]></license>
<id>harsh21:my_package_name</id>
<name>My Package Name</name>
<type>modification</type>
<version>1.0</version>
<install for="2.0*">
<readme type="file" parsebbc="true">readme.txt</readme>
<modification type="file" type="file">modification-2.0.xml</modification>
<modification type="file" type="xml">english.xml</modification>
<modification type="file" type="xml">english-utf8.xml</modification>
</install>
<uninstall for="2.0*">
<readme type="inline">Thank you for using this mod.</readme>
<modification format="xml" type="file" reverse="true">modification-2.0.xml</modification>
<modification type="file" type="xml" reverse="true">english.xml</modification>
<modification type="file" type="xml" reverse="true">english-utf8.xml</modification>
</uninstall>
</package-info>

I have also tried both zip & .tar.gz compression types, but same error. All the files are present in the root of the zip file. What else wrong i am doing ?

Illori

this mod is for SMF 2.0? i dont believe there is support for the <license> tag, can you try it without?

harsh21

I tried it without licence tag but same error.

Illori

not sure if it is causing the error but <install for="2.0*"> is not correct it should be <install for="2.0 - 2.0.99"> same for uninstall

maybe if you attached your package-info.xml file to your next post it may be easier to find the issue.

harsh21

Tried that also but didnt work.

Kindred

<id>harsh21:my_package_name</id>
   <name>My Package Name</name>

in addition to the version correction, try adding a real name?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

margarett

Nop, your package-info is fine. I just uploaded the code you posted and it works directly.

Are you *sure* that there is a package-info.xml inside the zip? And that is the code you just posted?

Can you upload other MODs?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

JBlaze

What program are you using to archive the package? I remember there was an issue with 7Zip at one time where it was using an odd compression technique.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

Advertisement: