Being warned for spamming with log-in

Started by ClubA', May 11, 2015, 03:07:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClubA'

hello i want a mod like this
Being warned by message if there is someone spamming,Spamed your account with log-in.
Description: Well, this suggestion is going about to be warned that there is a person who was spamming, spamed your account with loggin-in and trying to find your password more than 10times in less than 1hour.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

ClubA'

there isn't any mode wich it warns you when a person spams your account with logging on???

vbgamer45

what do you mean spams your account???

This mod will lock your account after too many failed login attempts.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

ClubA'

i mean you recieve an AUTO MEssage cauze of too many fails connections on the same Ip

Siirist

Quote from: ClubA' on May 13, 2015, 04:18:31 AM
i mean you recieve an AUTO MEssage cauze of too many fails connections on the same Ip

So, you mean (for example) that "your error log" would generate a pop-up that says:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
l "WARNING!!!  There have been 4 failed attempts to log into your account!" l
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I can conceive how it would be turned on through the use of coding (conceive doesn't mean I know any coding, because I don't)
However, I don't know what coding would make it appear one time only

I attached my Critical Error Log that shows that I made mistakes logging into the Admin accounts (I think that is why they are considered Critical Errors)

Having understood what I think you want,
I do NOT understand what purpose it would serve.
I think that it would only serve to alarm forum members.

If the forum Administrator(s) are watching the logs (or you ask them to), they will know that there were "too many fails connections on the same Ip" and would be able to contact the member.

Just my thoughts.

Be Well,
Siirist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

Advertisement: