News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Can't update forum - Deprecated: preg_replace error

Started by chkenparm, May 11, 2015, 10:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chkenparm

I get the message Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/brinkofs/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3 whenever I try to edit a post and when I try to update for forum to the newest version.  Does anyone know how to fix this?  I'm a complete noob so please keep it user friendly.

Sir Osis of Liver

Which version are you updating to which version?  How are you doing the upgrade?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

chkenparm

I have 1.1.19 and I'm trying to install 1.1.21.  I'm just trying to click on the update available link in the admin section.

Sir Osis of Liver

You have to install 1.1.20 patch first, then 1.1.21.  You should see the next version in Admin -> Packages.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

margarett

In any case, please note that 1.1.21 will not solve that problem. You should update, of course, but you need SMF 2.0.x

The sticky in this same board --> http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=534915.0
gives more details ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: