no activity is recorded in forum only email

Started by lnoya, May 12, 2015, 02:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lnoya

This is a private forum: When our members post a topic it sends this post via email to everybody registered to the forum, yet when they reply, they reply directly to everybody's email instead to the forum, and this reply is not recorded in the forum. I searched everywhere in the settings and could not find anything to stop this, search the simple machines forum and could not find something similar. It seems like there is no activity in the forum yet the members did response.

The person that was in charge of the Forum is no longer working with us so I'm a bit lost on how he set things but now we want everybody to be able to see the replies in the forum as well as in their emails.

How do I set this up?

Thanks

margarett

SMF does not support "post from email". There was a MOD for that but it was always considered "insecure"...

Anyway, the notification email DOES say not to reply to it :P

There isn't much you can do about it, really. You can just educate your users... Send them a newsletter and say that they should not reply to forum emails.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Illori

remove the body of the message in the email that gets sent? i think that would solve the problem. i dont have the source in front of me to tell you what to edit though.

Advertisement: