Want to add new menu item

Started by bayridge, May 13, 2015, 10:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayridge

I want to add one or maybe two new menu items to my board. Can someone tell me where the file is so I can edit to do this change? Thanks.

v2.08

Gluz

The file is /Sources/Subs.php

There the menu is made, in a text editor search for "home" and that's the beginning of the menu.

Then just follow the syntax of the buttons to make your own buttons, and that's it.

Sir Osis of Liver

There are several mods that do this (here's one), but I prefer to edit Subs.php as suggested.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Siirist

Quote from: bayridge on May 13, 2015, 10:50:06 PM
I want to add one or maybe two new menu items to my board. Can someone tell me where the file is so I can edit to do this change? Thanks.

v2.08

Off topic, HOWEVER, I wonder if there is a place / post / board that identifies what each of the .php files actually control / do?  (shouldn't all SMF v2.x  function the same as well)

If this justifies an actual topic, I welcome a split and post as new topic in support.

Be Well,
Siirist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

Kindred

this question has been asked so many times that it is right at the top of the wiki/FAQ
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Buttons_-_How_do_I_add_buttons_to_SMF_2.0

However, bayridge, you should upgrade to 2.0.10
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

JBlaze

Quote from: Siirist on May 13, 2015, 11:53:25 PM

v2.08

Off topic, HOWEVER, I wonder if there is a place / post / board that identifies what each of the .php files actually control / do?  (shouldn't all SMF v2.x  function the same as well)

If this justifies an actual topic, I welcome a split and post as new topic in support.

Be Well,
Siirist

http://support.simplemachines.org/function_db/
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

Siirist

Quote from: zilladotexe on May 14, 2015, 06:36:51 PM
Quote from: Siirist on May 13, 2015, 11:53:25 PM

v2.08

Be Well,
Siirist

http://support.simplemachines.org/function_db/

Thanks Zilla,

Found it looking around the Online Manual when "Function Database" appeared in "Navigation" on a Left Menu.
Also discovered a quick link in the upper right of each page by hovering over "Support" and then a drop down appears with "Function Database"

So, with over a thousand .php files.  Which would be the most useful for the average forum administrator (top 5, top 10)?

Siirist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

Kindred

That would really depend on what the administrator was trying to do....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: