News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

A little help Upgrading from 1.1.21 to 2.0.10

Started by Topman, May 14, 2015, 04:51:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topman

OK,
I have transferred the files for the upgrade.
I have started the upgrade tool upgrade.php and re entered my database settings and password.

But I get this message:
"Critical Error!
The upgrade script cannot find script.js or it is out of date. Make sure your theme paths are correct. You can download a setting checker tool from the Simple Machines Website"

I have tried re using the repair_settings.php but it does not appear to have an apply button.
It said the Cache directory was not found so I clicked on the recommended one.

Nothing has changed.  Any ideas?

Also this under the attachment directory entry
"Notice: Undefined index: database_error in /homepages/21/d424618090/htdocs/forum.brand-newhomes.co.uk/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 594

Fatal error: Call to undefined function allowedTo() in /homepages/21/d424618090/htdocs/forum.brand-newhomes.co.uk/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 595"

simplebeer

I have just upgraded maybe i can help.

Have you checked your theme paths? Did you change the folder name or want to upgrade in a different folder?
Sorry for my poor English, but i think it's probably better then your Dutch :)

Topman

What I have done is moved my 1.1.21 version files into a sub domain, set up a working re direct to the new URL, and I changed all the paths and settings in repair_settings.php and it all worked fine as it should with 1.1.21.
Then today I imported the upgrade files for 2.0.10 and as I said previously this is where I am at.

I use a default theme and the script.js file is in there.
I am a bit confused why the repair settngs.php is different with no "apply" or "set" button.

Topman

Sitting here so helpless - waiting for a reply.
No forum at all -  I cant even get my 1.1.21 version to work on the original URL as a temporary measure.
Feeling very down at the moment almost in tears to be honest!
I have spent two weeks on this off and on already.
It is a forum with which I help others (a bit like here) so I am wondering if I should give up altogether on the 2.0.10 upgrade.
What's the point?  I only wanted it to be current and uptodate.

Why so many problems.

Is there any help out there.
Where is the apply button gone from repair_settings.
How to you change anything?

a10

QuoteSitting here so helpless
May just be some tiny error (or path error) somewhere, but these small things may take time to find. Also went from 1xx to 2xx some time ago, had no problems, so it's definitely possible and it works. Staying on 1xx is not an option IMO. Courage and good luck !
2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

Topman

Its not luck I need - its a bit of help!
25 users on here now and not one able to help?
You must have been one of the lucky ones.
I am currently transferring the old 1.1.21 files back after deleting the upgrade to try and get something to work!
yet another morning wasted with SMF!

As for 1.1.21 a lot of Mod packages I like and use don't seen to be listed for 2.0.10.
Not sure they would work after upgrade even if I could get it to work.

Topman

At least I've got my 1.1.21 back and working!
What a waste of time this morning was!

Kindred

has to be something with your particular configuration...   I have installed and upgraded literally dozens of forums with just a few clinks and no reoubles
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Topman

But what configuration?
And why is there  not a "settings" "save" or "apply" button on repair_settings.php when upgrading to 2.0.10 but there is when using 1.1.21?

Illori

is your settings.php file writable? if it is not then that button will not show up.

is there not a warning on the repair_settings.php page that tells you Settings.php is not writable?

Topman

I had a look in FTP and it seems the settings.php permissions are as follows:
Owner: Read Write
Group:  -
Public: Read

I have changed them so they are all write checked as well and will have another go.
I also noticed the setting_bak.php file was missing too.

Thanks Illori.

Topman

I am at 35 minutes and it is still not completed.
Says 14% with 0.4% step progress and
"Executing database changes
Please be patient - this may take some time on large forums. The time elapsed increments from the server to show progress is being made!
Executing upgrade script 1 of 2.
Executing: "Updating and creating indexes..." (1 of 19 - of this script)"

Then after a  while it says:
"!!Error!
Unknown Error!"
I seem to be stuck there!

Topman

Quote from: topman on May 14, 2015, 04:51:28 AM
OK,
I have transferred the files for the upgrade.
I have started the upgrade tool upgrade.php and re entered my database settings and password.

But I get this message:
"Critical Error!
The upgrade script cannot find script.js or it is out of date. Make sure your theme paths are correct. You can download a setting checker tool from the Simple Machines Website"

I have tried re using the repair_settings.php but it does not appear to have an apply button.
It said the Cache directory was not found so I clicked on the recommended one.

Nothing has changed.  Any ideas?

Also this under the attachment directory entry
"Notice: Undefined index: database_error in /homepages/21/d424618090/htdocs/forum.brand-newhomes.co.uk/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 594

Fatal error: Call to undefined function allowedTo() in /homepages/21/d424618090/htdocs/forum.brand-newhomes.co.uk/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 595"

OK thats 45 minutes and it is still going no where!   I get the above RED on the upgrade and the same fatal error using the repair_settings/php

All the permissions for both settings.php and settings_bak.php are all "checked" and set to 777.

Topman

OK I tried again and re imported my database to a new location.
This is the screen shot I get when using Repair_settings.php in 1.1.21.
This is before I try to upgrade.
The forum works alright in 1.1.21 despite this.

So what should I try now?
Anyone?

Oh while I am waiting I will transfer the upgrade files yet again and see if it makes any difference.
I'm not holding out much hope!  Another three hours wasted on this today!
Close to giving up altogether with the upgrade unless someone can offer some insight into what is going wrong!

Kindred

ok, try this...

delete everything except Settings.php, Settings_bak.php, the avatars directory and the attachments directory
(so, delete Sources, delete Themes, etc)
then upload the upgrade archive and extract
(so you are adding files, not attempting to overwrite)
then try running the upgrade.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Topman

Do you mean delete just (only the files) included in the 1.1.21 to 2.10 upgrade except the Avatars and attachments directories?
Ok doing this now.

Kindred

no....  I meant delete ALL of the 1.1.x files...

then upload the 2.0.10 files
Слaва
Украинi

Topman

No same ol same ol

In repair_settings I get this:
Attachment Directory: 
Notice: Undefined index: database_error in /homepages/21/d424618090/htdocs/brand-newhomes.co.uk/forum/smf/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 594

Fatal error: Call to undefined function allowedTo() in /homepages/21/d424618090/htdocs/brand-newhomes.co.uk/forum/smf/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 595

and no button either.
And the big red
"Thank you for choosing to upgrade to SMF 2.0.10. All files appear to be in place, and we're ready to proceed."

"!!Critical Error!

Kindred

OK...  I am at work for the day and won't be back at a real machine until 9pm EDT... but if you are willing to send me your site URL, FTP location, FTP login and admin login details, I will attempt to run the upgrade for you at your new location.

If you agree, you can PM me your details.

just make sure that the site which you want me to upgrade is running 1.1.x correctly and I will get you done tonight.
Слaва
Украинi

Topman

Thanks Kindred.
I have just sent a PM with all the details.
Unfortunately the copied files at this URL are re creating the issues I am having.
Thank you for all you help with this - it would be great to know what is going wrong.

Advertisement: