News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

A little help Upgrading from 1.1.21 to 2.0.10

Started by Topman, May 14, 2015, 04:51:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topman

Phase 1 completed.
Forum is working using 1.1.19 old URL and copied database in new location.

I did get this error message when using Repair_settings:
Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /homepages/21/d424618090/htdocs/brand-newhomes.co.uk/forum/smf/repair_settings.php on line 623
for="cachedir">Cache Directory:
Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /homepages/21/d424618090/htdocs/brand-newhomes.co.uk/forum/smf/repair_settings.php on line 625

Value not found!   
Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /homepages/21/d424618090/htdocs/brand-newhomes.co.uk/forum/smf/repair_settings.php on line 630

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /homepages/21/d424618090/htdocs/brand-newhomes.co.uk/forum/smf/repair_settings.php on line 630

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /homepages/21/d424618090/htdocs/brand-newhomes.co.uk/forum/smf/repair_settings.php on line 636

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /homepages/21/d424618090/htdocs/brand-newhomes.co.uk/forum/smf/repair_settings.php on line 648

Topman

OK
Now I've transfered the 2.0.10 upgrade files to the webspace and change the upgrade.php fril with the hack suggested.
In forum/smf/upgrade.php  I get the same "Critical error" message

Critical Error!
The upgrade script cannot find script.js or it is out of date. Make sure your theme paths are correct. You can download a setting checker tool from the Simple Machines Website

Trying the upgrade now:
Admin + Password
Upgrade: "database changes"

After 28 seconds
!!Error!
Unknown Error!

So I am completely back to square one with this!
I'm REALLY fed up now!

margarett

Please leave it as it is and PM me the login details to your cPanel (or other control panel you have) so that I can debug it for you. Can only do it in some hours, though.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Topman

Thanks for the offer. But debug what?
The "Critical error"  is the script.js file which is there in Default theme!  (see attached!)

Or are you saying all my copies of the database have a bug or something preventing the upgrade to 2.0.10?

I cannot (dont want to) give you access to myphp admin with 1and1 as it also gives access to all my other mysql databases.
I may be able (4mb zip file) to e mail the database to you if you PM your  e mail address!

margarett

Hi
Quote from: topman on May 29, 2015, 02:24:02 AM
Or are you saying all my copies of the database have a bug or something preventing the upgrade to 2.0.10?
Yes :) The lack of a default theme entry in the database makes it go wild. And maybe my fix isn't complete enough (I used a slight variation 2 weeks ago to fix *THAT* exact problem, but I didn't save it :( )
That's what I would like to debug...

Quote from: topman on May 29, 2015, 02:24:02 AM
I cannot (dont want to) give you access to myphp admin with 1and1 as it also gives access to all my other mysql databases.
I respect that ;)

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Topman

It seems strange (at least to me) that my whole forum works perfectly well in 1.1.21 with the same database.
I use a default theme with the colours changed and a few tweeks of index.php

By the time this gets resolved I will need to upgrade to 2.1!

Kindred

You use **A** default theme, but apparently not THE default theme... and that is what is causing your problems. I could probably fix it for you in under 30 mins...if you would give me access to your candle and phpmyadmin... I understand why you are hesitant to do so, but there is only so much we can try to do by explanation.....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

Quote from: Kindred on May 30, 2015, 08:55:08 AM
if you would give me access to your candle and phpmyadmin...

candle? i think you mean cpanel instead...

margarett

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Topman

You use **A** default theme, but apparently not THE default theme... and that is what is causing your problems. I could probably fix it for you in under 30 mins...if you would give me access to your candle and phpmyadmin... I understand why you are hesitant to do so, but there is only so much we can try to do by explanation.....

OK I'll give it a try using an "original" 1.1.19 default theme file and try the upgrade.
(Nope didnt work either!)

I will also look to see if it is possible to set  up a new myphpadmin account and put a copy of my database in it.

Topman

How about this, if your kind offer still stands.
I give you a temporary password and ftp access to a URL witht he forum files in it, which will include the database .sql file.
You can then create a mySQL account add the database and use your own phpadmin to edit it, putting the corrected database back in the webspace.

Topman

Anyone else!

I uninstalled Pretty URLS in my working forum.
I have uplaoded a working set iof 1.1.21 files to a new URL
I have copied a working database and uploaded it to a new mySQL account.

Everything works PERFECTLY in 1.1.21.
I then transfered the 2.0.10 upgrade files and try the upgrade and get the same Critical Error.

Critical Error!
The upgrade script cannot find script.js or it is out of date. Make sure your theme paths are correct. You can download a setting checker tool from the Simple Machines Website

A MONTH and I am no further on!

margarett

Send me that access to your database. I don't need any files.

Topman

Is it possible to just give you the
Database name
Database host
Database Username
Database Password

Because with 1and1 all I do for phpadmin is click a link and it opens.
And I cant give anyone my 1and1 control panel password.
I could e mail you a copy and you could uplaod it to your phpadmin perhaps?

Please let me know is there is a way to do this.

margarett

Yes, that is what I was suggesting ;) If you provide me your database dump alone I can do it in my computer.

Topman

How can we do this?
I cant see how to do attachments in a PM.
PM me your E mail address?

margarett

I don't believe you can send a database dump via email (unless it's quite small...)
Zip it using a strong password, then upload it to any file sharing service out there. Then PM me the link and the password ;)

Topman

It is about 5MB in size. One reasonable photo!

I cant download it as a Zip and dont know how to convert Zip it

margarett

That's really small. Yeah, email it ;)
I'm PM'ing you my email address.

Advertisement: