News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Quick Question

Started by Uhura!, May 15, 2015, 02:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uhura!

Can you tell me where the <head> section of my homepage is? (Looking for the file location)

I think it's here but I'm not sure: public_html/community/Themes/default/index.template.php

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal

www.OurParentingSpot.net

Thanks!
:) Our Parenting Spot is an online parenting community for fathers, mothers, grandparents, teachers, and family service professionals. 8) We also provide low cost advertising options for authors, family service providers, and businesses with family friendly products and services. ;D Visit us @ www.OurParentingSpot.net!

Kindred

yes, the <head> is in index.template.php

But it is only in the default file if you are using the default theme...   almost every other theme will have its own index.template.php file...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Uhura!

Kindred,

Thanks for answering so quickly!

I'm only using one theme.

What makes things confusing for me is all the extra files. I know they need to be cleaned up but I don't want to delete anything.

Can you help me identify which file?
:) Our Parenting Spot is an online parenting community for fathers, mothers, grandparents, teachers, and family service professionals. 8) We also provide low cost advertising options for authors, family service providers, and businesses with family friendly products and services. ;D Visit us @ www.OurParentingSpot.net!

Steve

With ftp:

Themes/default/index.template.php

Always download 2 copies, one as a backup, and the other to edit.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Shambles

As Communications Lieutenant of the USS Enterprise, you could have used a more descriptive topic title too :P

Kindred

What do you mean "All the extra files"?

And again...   only using one theme...   are you using the CURVE theme (aka default) or are you using one theme, but it's a custom theme?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

looking at the provided link

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://ourmomspot.net/community/Themes/moms/css/index.css?rc3" />

Uhura!

So is Illori right or is this right: public_html/community/Themes/default/index.template.php

LOL Shambles

Kindred - I seem to have a lot of extra index.template.php files in various locations - as well as other files from old / unused themes. I am using a custom theme.

Steve - great tip.

The problem I'm facing is - I copied a meta tag verification ID into the "head" here (public_html/community/Themes/default/index.template.php )as they suggested & got this error:

QuoteWe could not find the verification ID on your homepage.
Please add the verification id to the <head></head> section of the HTML of your homepage.

Any advice?

Gluz

If you are using another theme and not the default(curve), then the file that you want to edit is: /Themes/your theme/index.template.php and not the default one, that's what Kindred is says if you read carefully.

Illori

if you can provide the code you are using we can tell you if it has to be modified before you can use it and where exactly it needs to be placed.

Uhura!

Uhura!

Quote from: Gluz on May 15, 2015, 03:56:43 PM
If you are using another theme and not the default(curve), then the file that you want to edit is: /Themes/your theme/index.template.php and not the default one, that's what Kindred is says if you read carefully.

I understand completely - but I have n recollection of the name of my theme. Maybe Illori was right & it is "moms"

Uhura!

Any progress with this?

Kindred

I wasn't aware that there was still an issue.

Illori's grab of the theme URL is correct, since that is what your theme is actually using. Therefore, the index.template.php that you need to edit would be in your /community/Themes/moms directory, as she indicated
Слaва
Украинi

Illori

Quote from: Uhura! on May 22, 2015, 06:45:02 AM
Any progress with this?

you attached your index.template.php file? i wanted the code you want added to the file not the file itself.

Illori

i dont provide support via PM, so if you want this solved you will have to post the code in this topic so anyone/everyone can help you.

Uhura!

Thanks for your help everyone. I solved this myself.

Advertisement: