Data Base deleted - try to reconnect tables to new DB

Started by kyyam, May 16, 2015, 06:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kyyam

A Godaddy admin panel function to remove an older installed forum, uninstalled by SMF database.  GD tech support had me create a new DB and they loaded in the tables.  I found the SETTINGS.php file and updated the DATABASE SETTINGS to what seem to be the correct new info.

Here is the error I am still getting via SMF email:
There has been a problem with the database!
MySQL reported:
Table 'kymotox.smf_settings' doesn't exist

I do not see any tables in my SQL control panel named this.  All tables start with smf_  or  LUM_

Any help on how to reconstruct my forum would be great.  Thanks!

margarett

So, another f-up caused by automated installers/upgrades/etc. that's why we don't like them :P

Anyway... In your Settings.php you have a $db_prefix variable. What's is value?
In your database, is there a table whose name is xxxx_settings? Because that's what is missing...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

kyyam

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am looking at mySQL table list and there are 39 tables.  Nothing with "settings" and nothing that does not start with the LUM or smf prefix.

Only 39 tables?  Seems like GD didn't get all the tables re-loaded or am I assuming wrong?

prefix is "smf_"

kyyam

That was it.  My tables stopped at smf_log_actions.  Thought it was weird that table names stopped at L.  Called GD back and they reinstalled the tables and there were 69 tables.  All is good now.

Thanks!

Advertisement: