News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

new version 2.1.x?!?

Started by venty, May 19, 2015, 10:01:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

venty

Hi,

when it is expected to hit a new version 2.1.x?!?

BR

Venty

Suki

To "hit" any 2.1.x release we must first release 2.1, you know, semantic versioning and stuff.

2.1 is currently in beta 1 stage and no public release estimations are ever going to be made since it has been proved that it actually results very counter-productive, specially on an OS environment such as ours.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

venty

I understand, but please advice whether to wait for version 2.1, or to start my project with the current version 2.0.10. please help ...

margarett

For sure start with 2.0.10 ;)
You can always move to 2.1 when it becomes "final" ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

thegymforum

2.0.10 is stable tested and on many live sites.
2.1 is unstable, experimental. Undergoing testing and repairs.

To put it into other words since many don't seem to get the software development cycle.

Mstcool

Plus, 2.0.10 and 2.1 are different versions

2.1 will have more features and different themes and different coding behind it. It depends on what you want. There are sites out there that are still using the 1.1.x series because they like it. Many are using 2.0.x. Once 2.1 will be released, I'm sure there will be sites out there that will be still using 2.0.x.... It depends on user preference. So you can start your project now with 2.0.10 because 2.1 won't be getting released for a while. :P

Once it's released, you can upgrade if you wish. :P

Advertisement: