News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

how to delete all spam users

Started by hitsme, May 20, 2015, 01:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hitsme

I have many spam users that signed up, i want to delete them all.

I would like to do something like this
QuoteIf (last_logged)===(date_Registered)&&(!past_2_months){then delete_user}

How would i do it?

I think it should be in the core, not only delete if !logged last 30 days.

Kindred

there is no selection system for deletes like that in SMF.

You could go to admin memberlist, sort by date registered and then use the multi-select checkboxes to select for delete
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

hitsme

Quote from: Kindred on May 20, 2015, 02:47:34 PM

there should be

QuoteYou could go to admin memberlist, sort by date registered and then use the multi-select checkboxes to select for delete

how would i do it in sql

Siirist

Hi,

Posting this because it is related and I do NOT believe that there is a belief that the PM is confidential.

I contacted OP via PM asking how many, ie
"How many?
Because (if it were me) if less than 20, I would manually delete through Admin"

The reply I got explains why the OP wants a code, ie
"if I would only know the count..
I have 17313 members i sorted by members by website and most of them are Spam, with domain ext .ru
it's easier to do a query then go 1x1."

So yeah, with that many members, I can understand why the OP is asking for a "group" delete.

Hope this helps.

Be Well,
Siirist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

roshaoar

I don't know if it's a mod I installed but under Admin > Forum Maintenance (Maintenance at the bottom) > Members, I have an option "Remove Inactive Members", with Remove all members who have not [activated their account/logged in]  for
  • days. You as admin choose x and choose activated their account or logged in. This'd work for you

hitsme

Quote from: roshaoar on May 20, 2015, 04:22:47 PM
I don't know if it's a mod I installed but under Admin > Forum Maintenance (Maintenance at the bottom) > Members, I have an option "Remove Inactive Members", with Remove all members who have not [activated their account/logged in]  for
  • days. You as admin choose x and choose activated their account or logged in. This'd work for you
it's not a mod, but could also delete old honest members, it's not my goal.

Kindred

doing it in SQL directly is a ***BAD*** idea, since the delete member function does more than just remove a line from the members table (just like the create member function does more than add a line)

in other words...   don't do that.   Use the tools that are present...

Quote from: hitsme on May 20, 2015, 03:05:11 PM
Quote from: Kindred on May 20, 2015, 02:47:34 PM

there should be

WHy should there be?   This does not come up often at all...   It's much better to prevent the spammers than try to deal with them after they register - and, if you have so many that you have to bulk-delete, then you are doing something VERY wrong on the front side.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

hitsme

Quote from: Kindred on May 20, 2015, 04:54:53 PM
WHy should there be?   This does not come up often at all...   It's much better to prevent the spammers than try to deal with them after they register - and, if you have so many that you have to bulk-delete, then you are doing something VERY wrong on the front side.

It's more search in bulk, then bulk delete,
I know i pm'ed
QuoteI have 17313 members i sorted by members by website and most of them are Spam
most i didn't mean most of the members, just most that appeared on that page (it's a fraction of the member list)
I think the filter I posted (logged=registerd<6 months) would be better then the one available.

Kindred

well, I have already told you that you CAN bulk delete....
Слaва
Украинi

hitsme

Quote from: Kindred on May 20, 2015, 06:06:14 PM
well, I have already told you that you CAN bulk delete....
Thanks,

is not what I'm looking for
logged in last XX days
deletes old inactive members that don't login so often

logged=registerd&&<6 months are users that never logged in again after registering.

Got me?

Steve

Quote from: Siirist on May 20, 2015, 03:13:17 PMPosting this because it is related and I do NOT believe that there is a belief that the PM is confidential.

A PM is just that, a PRIVATE Message. I would be irate if you posted anything I said to you in PM if you did it without asking me first.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Kindred

I got you... And you can't sort all that automatically...  However, you CAN search by date registered and then sort by last logged in, and then use the checkboxes to bulk select and delete
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: