News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

1.1.20 to 2.0.1 hanging at index 1 of 19

Started by DougD, May 20, 2015, 02:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DougD

I can't identify any errors, so I'd like to cancel the process and truly start anew.  However, as I log back in, even clearing the "resume" selection, it jumps me right back to the index.  This "ran" or seemed to all night and thus far all day.  It's far from the biggest forum I've ever upgraded, but I also don't have an error log built.

Any suggestions, how to abort, how to push past?

Kindred

2.0.1 or 2.0.10?

And what do you mean by "hanging"?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

also might help to tell us exactly what step the upgrader is on.

DougD

Step 1
Database Changes
Executing database changes
Please be patient - this may take some time on large forums. The time elapsed increments from the server to show progress is being made!
Executing upgrade script 1 of 2.
Executing: "Updating and creating indexes..." (1 of 19 - of this script)

It is kicking back the script.js out of date error to start, and unknown error after the above process begins.

I just changed the paths for themes to absolute path instead of the variable-based as well

roshaoar

I've had to temporarily delete my very tight toplevel .htaccess before to make the whole process go through. Try this, but save a backup on local first and reupload if it's a completely useless suggestion :).

DougD

Quote from: roshaoar on May 20, 2015, 03:23:46 PM
I've had to temporarily delete my very tight toplevel .htaccess before to make the whole process go through. Try this, but save a backup on local first and reupload if it's a completely useless suggestion :).

For the missing script.js?  Seems an odd route to take.

DougD

So no other insights from the SMF family?

margarett

Try to update the time limit as explained here
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=533314.msg3790994#msg3790994

I can't really explain the thing with script.js... Really can't.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

DougD

Quote from: margarett on May 21, 2015, 06:19:50 PM
Try to update the time limit as explained here
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=533314.msg3790994#msg3790994

I can't really explain the thing with script.js... Really can't.

Not getting the timeout issue, getting the script and the "unknown error"

margarett

Could you PM me your control panel login details? I'd like to have a look at that... Never really understood how that happens.

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

margarett

OK, the forum is upgraded.

A problem with the theme's paths not being correctly set prevents some files from being found by the upgrade tool, thus triggering those errors.

Advertisement: