News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Step 4 goes to a blank screen and nothing happens..

Started by jtaylorme, May 20, 2015, 05:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtaylorme

Upgrading from 1.1.10 to 2.0.10.  Everything seems to go fine until it finishes the database upgrade and tells me to continue.  It then navigates to

....www.xxxxxxxxxxx.com/smf/upgrade.php?step=4&substep=0&data=Y.......O30=&ssi=1

which is a blank screen.  Nothing ever happens from this point.   If I run upgrade.php again it tells me:

"admin" has been running the upgrade script for the last 1 hours - and was last active 27 minutes ago.

You can choose to either run the upgrade again from the beginning - or alternatively continue from the last step reached during the last upgrade.

I have told it to start from the beginning with the same results.  Database portion runs fine and then blank screen at the above URL.   If I try to launch the forum I get a blank screen with maintenance mode off.

Suggestions?

Jim

margarett

Check for a php error. I really don't know what can cause that.
The 4th step of the upgrade is just the "finished" screen with the chance to delete upgrade.php. So the upgrade is supposed to be complete...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

jtaylorme

Where would I look for a php error?  This is on a hosted account and I don't have access to the php install if it would be in that location.   There are no errors in the smf_error_log table.  When I look at the the source of the page that is blank when trying to navigate to the forum it is empty as well.

Jim

margarett

Probably in your forum root (where SSI.php is) there is a file called error_log (or similar)

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

jtaylorme

margarett

Then you need to ask your host for your PHP logs... Sorry, we can't really guess what might be happening...

jtaylorme

Okay.  In case it is helpful I altered index.php to display a message...I worked down until I have found that "reloadSettings()" seems to be the culprit.  "Hello World 2" never displays.

Jim

// Initate the database connection and define some database functions to use.
loadDatabase();

echo '<p>Hello World 1</p>';
// Load the settings from the settings table, and perform operations like optimizing.
reloadSettings();
  echo '<p>Hello World 2</p>';

margarett

Ok...
So, what do you have in Settings.php? (don't forget to mask out sensitive information!)

jtaylorme

Tracked it down in that function to call_integration_hook('integrate_pre_load'); not returning.  I'll try to track it to the final point and let you know.   I'll post the setting stuff at that point too, if needed.  Thanks for the help.

Jim

margarett

It's not supposed that you have something being called at that hook if you're coming from 1.1... Especially *not* after upgrade.

Check your smf_settings table, have it showing all rows. Find variables called "integrate"-something. Is there anything present. Most of all, does any on them (if existent) have any value? If so, remove it.

jtaylorme

There are no variables with the word "integrate" as part of the name.  I even shortened the query down to "in" to make sure I would get results of some kind.  Not even any with "int" in the name.

jim

jtaylorme

I think I found the problem.  Went back and looked through the datetime stamps on the files and found some that appeared to not have copied.  Not sure why since they copied fine when I did it again.   I'll go through and do *ALL* the files again and see if that fixes everything.   Thanks again for the help and sorry for any wasted time.

Jim

Advertisement: