News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Warn bbcode file location

Started by Steve, May 20, 2015, 06:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

I'd like to modify the looks of the warn bbcode as shown in the attachment (get rid the exclamation points, be able to change text/background colors, etc.) so where would I do that?
DO NOT pm me for support!

margarett

* margarett wonders what a "warn BBCode" is :o
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Steve

Um, it's in my list of bbcodes in Administration Center » Features and Options » Bulletin Board Code

JBlaze

Are you sure that's not a mod you have installed? I don't remember there being a "warning" BBC by default in either 2.0.x or 2.1...

Either way, if it follows SMF code guidelines, the place to edit it would be in the language strings or Subs.php.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

margarett

Hummm. Aren't you looking at 2.1? Because in 2.0 the BBC listing isn't there. It's in
    Administration Center » Posts and Topics »  Bulletin Board Code

And even in my 2.1 there is no warn BBCode...

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Steve

Sorry, I've got Dougie's 2.1 style Admin mod on my 2.0.10 ... forgot to take that into account.

And I've been over my mods 3 times now and don't see anything that would add it. Even searched for it on the mod site and here. :(

And thanks, zilladotexe, I'll look there.

Suki

That means the BBC was most likely added via hooks. Look in your Sources folder for a file named adminBBC or something like that.

It seems the mod uses the default css classes for error and info box, in that case you will need to add another css class to overwrite the errorbox one.

I suppose that mod adss something like this:

<div class="errorbox">content</div>

You will have to add a second class:

<div class="errorbox custom_errorbox">content</div>

This custom_errorbox will overwrite errorbox , just need to use the same css definitions
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Steve

Hmm ... I don't see anything even remotely like that. I'll keep looking.

br360

I know I've seen that mod before as well, but I forgot what is was too. Do you happen to have an alert or board notice mod installed?

Suki

I was just guessing based on the mod's name but to be absolutely sure then take a look at your installed mod's list.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

margarett

Better yet, take a look at smf_settings table. You will find which file is loaded in pre-load and which function is called in integrate_bbc

Steve

Good idea. Thanks.

I'll mark this solved for now and when I find what I'm looking for, I'll post it for others who may have this installed. :)

Steve

If anyone is interested, I just now figured out that it's part of the FancyPosts mod.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3387

Will take my question to it's thread.

Advertisement: