New post don't show until "Recount all forum totals and statistics" is run

Started by pmpc, May 21, 2015, 11:01:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pmpc

I'm having an issue where new post don't show up for me most of the time and they don't show as unread unless I manually run the "Recount all forum totals and statistics". I've been on 2.0.9 and updated to 2.1.0 today. Any idea or way to force the "Recount all forum totals and statistics" to run on a schedule?

Kindred

you upgraded to 2.1 or did you upgrade to 2.0.10?

You should not have to run that job like that -- the fact that it is not updating indicates an issue with your system....

mods installed?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

pmpc

2.0.1.0 I mean here's the mods

1. Topic Solved 1.1.1 [ Uninstall ]
2. SMF 1.1.21 / 2.0.10 Update 1.0 [ Uninstall ]
3. Remove XHTML, RSS & WAP2 Links in Footer v1.1 [ Uninstall ]
4. Ad Managment 3.2 [ Uninstall ]
5. Anti-SID(PHPSESSID) canonical tag 0.6 [ Uninstall ]
6. Google Analytics Code 1.5 [ Uninstall ]
7. BK-Modding Favicon and Custom Global HTML 2.0 [ Uninstall ]
8. KeyCAPTCHA for SMF 2.10 [ Uninstall ]
9. Akismet Spam Blocking 1.2 [ Uninstall ]
10. SMF 2.0.8 Update 1.0 [ Uninstall ]
11. SMF 2.0.7 Update 1.0 [ Uninstall ]
12. SMF 1.1.19 / 2.0.6 Update 1.0 [ Uninstall ]
13. SMF 2.0.5 Update 1.0 [ Uninstall ]

margarett

That's most likely a cache issue. Do you have any kind of cache enabled?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

pmpc

not that i'm aware of have W3 Super Cache for the WordPress side

margarett

Well, you can try to disable it just to be sure that it isn't the cause. Some WP plugins are known to "take over" the entire website, this might (or not) be the cause.

Also, which settings do you have under: Administration Center » Configuration » Server Settings » Caching?

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

margarett

That doesn't cause this behavior. It has to be something on the server.

Again, try to disable that WP plugin.

pmpc

I tried disabling caching on the forum path but didn't seem to help. Is there a way to force this task to run?

margarett

There is, but it's not a good idea...

Did you get to disable the WP plugin as suggested?

Dav999

Quote from: pmpc on May 27, 2015, 04:16:34 PM
Is there a way to force this task to run?
You shouldn't want to fix it that way...

Is this only with new topics? Try disabling Akismet for a while and see if that fixes it.

pmpc

It would also happen for replies where they wouldn't show as unread or new as well. A new post the other day showed up fine i'm going to do some more testing but maybe the cache setting helped.

Advertisement: