News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Fresh install no style

Started by redigaffi, May 21, 2015, 12:29:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redigaffi

Hello, i bought a VPS (withou domain yet), and i've installed smf with no problems, suddenly when i access the forum it's without style:

- Before installing i give the whole folder 777 permission.

margarett

You probably installed it via localhost (127.0.0.1) and you are now accessing it via another IP. This prevents CSS and images from loading.

Run repair_settings from that address. You will need to run it again when you buy a domain, then accessing via domain ;)
What is repair_settings.php?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Illori

redigaffi

Quote from: margarett on May 21, 2015, 12:31:26 PM
You probably installed it via localhost (127.0.0.1) and you are now accessing it via another IP. This prevents CSS and images from loading.

Run repair_settings from that address. You will need to run it again when you buy a domain, then accessing via domain ;)
What is repair_settings.php?

It's not possible, since im accessing the server via ssh.

margarett

If it was 2.0.10 (and we need to move this if it was) it can also be caused by a known issue that doesn't update Settings.php at install
Anyway, run repair_settings, it will allow you to fix the problem ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

redigaffi

LOL, i don't understand why the installer putted 127.0.0.1 for templates, it was this, thanks to all!

Advertisement: