News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Split topic backgrounds

Started by bakusiovskyyyy, May 23, 2015, 02:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bakusiovskyyyy

Hello! I'm trying to split message and poster backgrounds from each other. I would like to get a left (poster) side to be on one colour and the right (message) side with different one. When I add background to .poster class the colour changes, but it's not on full height. I want it to have a full height.

Sir Osis of Liver

Did you get this?  Worked on it a couple of times over the weekend, couldn't get it.  height = 100% should work, but doesn't. 

Where's Antechinus when you need him?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Kindred

I honestly don't think there is any simple way to do that with the templates as they exist.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Antechinus

Try adding this to the css (untested, but ok in principle).

.poster:after {display: block; clear: both; content: '';}

Kindred

Of course... I could be wrong... ;)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

bakusiovskyyyy

Quote from: Antechinus on May 26, 2015, 12:36:17 AM
Try adding this to the css (untested, but ok in principle).

.poster:after {display: block; clear: both; content: '';}

I tried adding that, but it doesn't seem to work. It is pretty clever idea though :)

Height to 100% doesn't works as well :)

Antechinus

Yeah the height thing wouldn't work.

You could cheat it. If you set the windowbg and windowbg2 backgrounds to what you want on the left, then set the all divs on the right (header, post, sig, etc) to have the background you want there, with a left border in white to give the appearance of separation, that should work. You'd have to play around a bit with paddings and margins to get it all tied together neatly, and you'd want to set a minimum height on posts so the stuff at the right didn't collapse too far.

Advertisement: