News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Per group group management?

Started by fearthe1337, May 24, 2015, 03:54:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fearthe1337

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to make a specific group manage other groups (add or remove people). I am in the situation where we have a reasonably sized board (120 000+ posts, 5900+ members) where we have a lot of ranks.
Due to the nature of the community, consisting of multiple servers and multiple staff teams the issue has arisen where one staff team does not like that the other staff team's admins could give their ranks away. Besides that ranks are given out to both staff members and non staff members.

Is there any way to do this?

-FearThe1337

Irisado

Welcome to SMF :).  Which version of the software are you using?
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

fearthe1337

Quote from: Irisado on May 24, 2015, 05:44:42 AM
Welcome to SMF :).  Which version of the software are you using?

2.1 beta (current git version plus a few PR'ed patches)

Illori

same as in 2.0 there are group moderators, those that can add/remove people from the group. they can access this feature in the moderation center once added to the moderators list.

fearthe1337

Quote from: Illori on May 24, 2015, 06:16:14 AM
same as in 2.0 there are group moderators, those that can add/remove people from the group. they can access this feature in the moderation center once added to the moderators list.
Ok, so basicly, I can allow specific people to manage specfic groups but not select a group to manage specific groups.
Thanks, I actually tried that feature but couldn't find out where to allow the group moderators to manage groups, but I see now :)

Antes

I think you'll have better chance to download/buy/code/find (etc.) group mod (or social groups alike thingy).

Illori

Quote from: fearthe1337 on May 24, 2015, 06:20:16 AM
Ok, so basicly, I can allow specific people to manage specfic groups but not select a group to manage specific groups.

correct. the feature to add groups to moderate boards was added but not extended to allow groups to moderate groups.

fearthe1337

Ok thanks all.
I guess per user should do for now as it's not that often that they have to be changed.

Advertisement: