Post modification & editing problems

Started by CenTexPatriot, May 25, 2015, 12:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CenTexPatriot

I am using SMF 2.0.9, with no mods installed - all other forum functions seem normal at this time.

I am the forum administrator, and there are several global moderators assigned. All (including myself) are experiencing the issue.

When a post is created, and BBC codes are used (color, font, bold, and others) the posts are saved correctly and will display correctly when members are reading them - i.e. the codes appear to be working as designed.

When a post is previewed prior to saving, the preview is correctly displayed, and editing prior to saving presents no problem.

The "problem":

When a moderator or administrator attempts to modify an existing post, the BBC codes are not displayed as bracketed code. The text displayed for modification/editing shows the results of applying the BBC codes (colors are present, bold is present, etc.) but not the codes that were used to produce the result. This was not the case a couple of weeks ago, and there have been no changes that I am aware of.

When I modified this post, the "problem" does not appear.

Is this a known issue, or a common occurrence? Perhaps a version problem requiring an upgrade?

Hopefully, there is a setting or configuration that can be enabled or disabled to get us back to where we were. Any help or advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Shambles

Are you editing using the WYSIWYG editor?

Shambles

CenTexPatriot

Why on earth would I ask the question if I already knew the answer?

Are you suggesting I should turn that off and see what happens?

If so, you should say so... you know, kind of like... support.

Steve

Switch to the other editor and you'll note the difference.

Keep in mind the wysiwyg editor is very buggy.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Shambles

Quote from: CenTexPatriot
If so, you should say so... you know, kind of like... support.
I was hoping that by dangling a carrot, you might do some spadework yourself ;)

Advertisement: