News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

My mod ideas list

Started by NanoSector, May 25, 2015, 05:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NanoSector

Since I barely have time for SMF lately, I decided to throw my mod ideas list on here. Maybe you can steal some from it.

Exact Poll Expiration Times
Allow users to specify an exact time a poll should be closed. So not "Next week" or "in 7 days", but say "27th of May on 19:00".

Allow users to specify the topic ID (or an alternate interface) of a previous topic so navigation between different 'parts' of a series gets easier.

Custom Quick Reply
Show a custom message on the quick reply screen. This can be a warning or just a general note. On a per-topic basis would be awesome, but on a per-board basis works too. Maybe even both and have per-topic settings override board settings. Or both and have both appear at the same time.

Alias topics
Post a topic that redirects to another topic. So you can have the same topic in more boards but don't have to update each.

Last Display Name
Show a tooltip or similar when hovering over someone's username that shows their last or previous usernames they were known as.

Check Usernames
Check username availability when registering or editing a profile.

I hope it's of use to someone. :)
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Steve

I'm sure the others would be good for some folks as well but I like the last one best. That would really come in handy.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Burke ♞ Knight

The Alias topics one has merit.
Would also eliminate duplicate topics in multiple boards.

margarett

There is one MOD for that already. It just makes topics above sticky. Global topics ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Burke ♞ Knight

But Bruno, that sometimes does not fit. What if want duplicate Non-sticky or global topics?
Like some RPG sites will use same post for each rp board telling certain info, but not want it as sticky/global.

JBlaze

I've thought about doing a mod similar to Last Display Name, only logging all display name changes.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

Advertisement: