News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

first post (topic) in thread background color

Started by pittu, May 25, 2015, 05:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pittu

By default first post of the thread (topic) has grey background color.
Where can I change it to white? Which css rule?

I tried few places. Nothing seems working.

thnx.

Steve

Doesn't that depend on the theme you're using?
DO NOT pm me for support!

pittu

Names of the CSS rules are same in any theme. no?

br360

There is an older mod that does something similar (not sure if it will work on 2.0.10), but looking at the manual installation instructions- looks like most of the changes to make something like this work are in the display.template.php; and not just .css alone.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1467

Kindred

Quote from: pittu on May 25, 2015, 06:43:53 PM
Names of the CSS rules are same in any theme. no?

First of all...  No, not necessarily.

Second, in the default smf, the first, third, fifth, etc all have the same coloring for background. The first post does not have a unique color...  If your theme is different, then it uses some other CSS.

Finally... If you want to find CSS for your own site, then get/use Firefox + firebug...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Antechinus

#quickModForm:first-child {background: whatever;} should work.

ZerK

if the theme is using botslice and topslice styles, that might not be enough.
perhaps it would be better to use the if-elses that checks if a post is aproved and also check if its the first post to add another style to the div instead of windowbg like approvebg or a custom one.

Antechinus

Well then, in that case you could easily tweak the first-child css to include styles for topslice and botslice too. There's still no need to add extra PHP conditionals.

pittu

Quote from: Kindred on May 25, 2015, 10:30:55 PM

Finally... If you want to find CSS for your own site, then get/use Firefox + firebug...

I got it sorted it out with firebug. :)
I need to add another '.windowbg' css rule to get it work.

thnx.

Advertisement: